School shooter gains massive TikTok following

perfect blue

On February 6, 2004 16-year old Jon Romano brought his shotgun into Columbia High School in East Geenbush, NY. He opened fire, wounding a teacher and traumatizing thousands of students before he was tackled, restrained, and arrested.

He served 16 years in jail before he was released. He has since amassed 250k followers for documenting his 'journey to redemption' and his experience being attacked in a homeless shelter by an unhoused, mentally ill man.

He's currently embroiled in controversy for framing his attack at the homeless shelter as a black-on-white hate crime. People are also pointing out the white privilege in his situation - for serving 16 years as a mass shooter, while the mentally ill black man that attacked him is facing 25+ years.

Should a school shooter be allowed to monetize the trauma he inflicted on thousands of children across social media? Is there room for redemption?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• jesus del rey

• Gesamtkunstwerk

• aesthetic bih

Disgusting. Merica problems like way y'all were obsessing over that shitty Jeffrey dahma show

• Like 1

Please tell me this is a joke….. my LORD

:biblio: this is what's wrong with our generation. 

• Like 1

I never hear stories of former mass shooters being released. Crazy 

My take is that anyone who has attempted a mass-shooting clearly falls on the antisocial personality disorder spectrum. That is a life-long diagnosis that stays with you regardless of how much 'growing' you do.

I would be VERY suspicious/concerned with anyone with this diagnosis who has a platform on the level of Jon's. I have observed several of his TikToks and the way he recounts the trauma he inflicted on his victims is incredibly disturbing. He talks about his victims forgiving him with a very smug, almost gleeful sense of self satisfaction.

I don't buy his 'enlightened' schtick at all - it's giving charismatic cult leader. He should be de-platformed and closely watched. **** this loser's redemption arc.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Stuff like this is why I don't have THAT much hope for Gen Z... like a lot of them have scary poor perception and critical thinking skills.

• Like 1

Lemme not. I don’t want a perma point. 

The forced soft-spoken voice trying to elicit sympathy :biblionana: everyone should report his account, this is so gross. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, elevate said:

Stuff like this is why I don't have THAT much hope for Gen Z... like a lot of them have scary poor perception and critical thinking skills.

Back in the day, LOTS of white girls from Tumblr were obsessed with serial killers. This isn't just a Gen Z thing, sadly. 

Spoiler

Ted-Bundy-serial-killers-41945139-500-750.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

tumblr_my8qibzPpy1s9wpmeo1_500.png

https://www.bitchmedia.org/article/serial-killer-fandom-on-tumblr

https://www.vice.com/en/article/ppvewv/serial-killer-twitter-teenage-girl-fans

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I honestly wonder sometimes if these follows aren’t just from people who enjoy watching train wreck situations for the drama 

Not surprised. Tumblr and TikTok go hand-in-hand in my eyes.

6 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

The forced soft-spoken voice trying to elicit sympathy :biblionana: everyone should report his account, this is so gross. 

Done :alexz2:

25 minutes ago, Perfect Blue said:

My take is that anyone who has attempted a mass-shooting clearly falls on the antisocial personality disorder spectrum. That is a life-long diagnosis that stays with you regardless of how much 'growing' you do.

I would be VERY suspicious/concerned with anyone with this diagnosis who has a platform on the level of Jon's. I have observed several of his TikToks and the way he recounts the trauma he inflicted on his victims is incredibly disturbing. He talks about his victims forgiving him with a very smug, almost gleeful sense of self satisfaction.

I don't buy his 'enlightened' schtick at all - it's giving charismatic cult leader. He should be de-platformed and closely watched. **** this loser's redemption arc.

!!! Textbook psychopath behavior, that never went anywhere 

Electric TikTok to all of them. :biblio:

should have been a life sentence

• Like 2

What i gather is that hes trying to educate and prevent future ones. Whats the problem?

Just like ex-convicts go to be motivational speakers, ect.

Hes the one who would know most why these shootings are happening and the mindset of the killers. 

Edited by X~MoviePoP
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.