Speaker of the House πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

a day late but i was actually surprised they went through with it. I was wondering/hoping dems would save him or at least try to, but I can also see why they wouldnt want to tbh. its not like he's done they anything favorable in a major way.Β 

All of this political theater and meanwhile working ppl are still screwed and over policed.Β 
spineless β€œprogressives” could’ve done this to enact concessions but they wanna remain in the β€œbig Dem tent.” This is how right wing β€œpopulism” grows because there’s no serious β€œleft” in US gov to also appeal to the alienation most ppl feel from their leaders. Y’all gay libs kiki-ing at this for jokes, meanwhile Gaetz and other right wingers are getting cred and support from their base for these antics. Really bleakΒ 

Edited by Gov Hooka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When she sold out an Arena tour in the US, something most of ATRL’s faves failed to do during their β€œimperial” eras (see: Loud Tour, Teenage Dream Tour, Back 2 Basics tour, etc). Although the transition started when Don’t Start Now was the biggest female hit of 2020Β 

Β 

edit: ignore this wrong thread, Kevin McCarthy should try not being named Kevin I’ve never met a single successful Kevin and his main political girl era fell off hard

Edited by BYoncΓ©
  • Haha 2

Just now, BYoncΓ© said:

When she sold out an Arena tour in the US, something most of ATRL’s faves failed to do during their β€œimperial” eras (see: Loud Tour, Teenage Dream Tour, Back 2 Basics tour, etc). Although the transition started when Don’t Start Now was the biggest female hit of 2020Β 

Wrong threadΒ :hoetenks:

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

Wrong threadΒ :hoetenks:

Oops my point stands thoΒ 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BYoncΓ© said:

:deadbanana2:

5 hours ago, Bears01 said:

To be fair: it’s not democrats job to help out republicans when republicans are the majority party in the house.Β 
Β 

But like I said: I’m not that concerned with Ukraine funding because I think the focus needs to shift to domestic issues. I hope they win, but we’ve already given them $150 billion. It specifically became an issue when they started paying people’s pensions and small businessesΒ 

Yes, but as I pointed out: norms/guardrails and Ukraine are all the Democrats care about anymore. By not saving McCarthy, both of those things fall to the wayside, which goes against everything they claim to care about. Certain Democrats were even momentarily willing to see the government be shutdown over Ukraine aid, so I mean... :deadbanana2:

18 hours ago, spree said:

I don't understand making such a drastic removal and not immediately having a backup ready to go.Β  Especially when a shutdown is always looming.Β Β 

I don’t think most of you understand. The Republican Party voted to keep him except from 8 extremists outliers who used it as a means of extortion to get the rest of the Republican Party to engage in their extremism right wing politics.
Β 

The Democratic Party offered terms for the Republican Party to swing more moderate than right wing and they would have joined the republicans to save Kevin and go against the 8 extremists. The Republicans said NO and betted on the dems being spineless as usual and voting to save him regardless. The dems for once showed backbone and voted Kevin out of his seat for the republicans refusing to collaborate.

Β 

This resulted in 8 outlier extremists getting their way and removing the speaker - which no one really wanted to do - as it’s essentially a waste of time. However the risk is minimum as republicans and democrats will not allow one of those 8 to actually get any power. This is all virtue signalling and drawing a line in the sand. The 8 extremists republicans are irrelevant and actually have fractured the house republicans permanently - essentially giving some power and swing to the dems until the next election.Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eat The Acid said:

I don’t think most of you understand. The Republican Party voted to keep him except from 8 extremists outliers who used it as a means of extortion to get the rest of the Republican Party to engage in their extremism right wing politics.
Β 

The Democratic Party offered terms for the Republican Party to swing more moderate than right wing and they would have joined the republicans to save Kevin and go against the 8 extremists. The Republicans said NO and betted on the dems being spineless as usual and voting to save him regardless. The dems for once showed backbone and voted Kevin out of his seat for the republicans refusing to collaborate.

Β 

This resulted in 8 outlier extremists getting their way and removing the speaker - which no one really wanted to do - as it’s essentially a waste of time. However the risk is minimum as republicans and democrats will not allow one of those 8 to actually get any power. This is all virtue signalling and drawing a line in the sand. The 8 extremists republicans are irrelevant and actually have fractured the house republicans permanently - essentially giving some power and swing to the dems until the next election.Β 

thank you!

8 hours ago, BYoncΓ© said:

Β 

edit: ignore this wrong thread, Kevin McCarthy should try not being named Kevin I’ve never met a single successful Kevin and his main political girl era fell off hard

:deadbanana:

5 hours ago, VOSS said:

lmfao

lmao I 100% believe this. He looks like a sex addict

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.