Speaker of the House 🇺🇸 Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

3 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

The way I laughed :skull: Not 35 minutes ago :rip:

The way I was in the middle of responding and saw the news and went... oop. :rip: and backspaced it all away. 

• Haha 2

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Meh. The longer it takes for us to get a Congress back together, the longer it'll take for Genocide Joe to enthusiastically fund a genocide. I'm not losing sleep over this. :sistrens: 

It is sad that is a strange unexpected benefit of it not working :laugh: I just know so many have their skin crawling not able to ship billions over there ASAP to fund it and how it looks to their voters

1 minute ago, FameFatale said:

The way I was in the middle of responding and saw the news and went... oop. :rip: and backspaced it all away. 

I know news and the world moves fast but this time it REALLY moved fast

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, If U Seek Amy said:

The fact it is feasibly looking like we are going to spend the rest of this house term without a functioning House is insane. I honestly am beginning to see no path forward for Republicans as they just refuse to negotiate at all on any side. Regardless of what happens with the Senate or Biden they are going to get OBLITERATED in 2024 if that happens

Not sure about that. Trump brings many down ballot voters. Who only came out to vote for him and will vote R down the ballot no matter who. If Trump is winning the presidency he is getting the trifecta 

21 minutes ago, slik said:

Mike Johnson is pretty far right and should not be speaker

Yeah he sucks, but any candidate they put up would suck. The best option they had was Emmer, and he’s still a solid “D” in a field full of “Fs”. Jim Jordan was an “F - - - -“ while Johnson is just your usual “F”

6 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

this is getting ridiculous. i do not want to get furloughed from my job in november 

it's possible some moderate republicans break off to do a coalition power-share with Democrats to keep the government open and push through the bills to fund Ukraine and Israel aid. They'll absolutely lose their primaries for doing so, but keeping the bipartisan war machine going is too important.

45 minutes ago, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

Yea Mike Johnson is kind of bad news :rip:

Yep.. honestly worse than Jordan. He is the heritage foundation and project 2025 all wrapped in one. Super conservative intertwined with churches, is against divorce and gay marriage, extremely anti LGBT (he’s pro conversion therapy), anti abortion, tried to decertify the 2020 election, a past lawyer who has ties with all the extreme Christian nationalists and sides with them always. He’s bad news. 

1 hour ago, FameFatale said:

Trump publicly endorsed Jordan and he still lost. It’s obvious his influence is not as powerful as he thinks it is. But these clowns are still begging for his support when he could care less :rip:

The fact Emmer would have been a decent alternative for speaker but the freedom caucus pushed him out because he voted to codify same sex marriage. 

39 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

It is getting to a point in America where people keep supporting these insane people I almost want them to just take power for a few years and push through every awful thing they want to do so these idiot Republican supporters in America can see how awful it goes and understand why it’s bad. Especially the elderly who vote usually overwhelmingly Republican. I want them to cut their social security and healthcare and see how they react to that. Everyone can say “sorry you should’ve planned ahead like you tell everyone else. Guess you weren’t responsible enough. Time to get to work and pick those boot straps up like you want everyone else to do. Not our problem.” And then my paychecks increase a bunch not paying social security or Medicare taxes or anything. 

Obviously I don’t really want innocent people to suffer and that is my anger speaking and that isn’t a good solution. But it really infuriates me how many people have 0 clue what they vote for until it hurts us all

• Like 1

All I can say that isn't already thought just reading this man's history and beliefs is thank god the Republicans did not win 2020 and did not take the Senate if this man is in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.