Speaker of the House πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

I hate that our legislative government is in SHAMBLES:celestial5:, but I LOVE to see conservatives eating their own:fan:. It brings peace and joy to my heart.Β :heart:

What happens in the likely scenario that Jim Jordan does not make it either, looking at his votes against Scalise?

Β 

Are they just gonna eventually nominate some unknown Republican backbencher no side can refuse or will there be 5 moderate Republicans voting for Hakeem Jeffries at some point?

Β 

I don’t really see a solution just yet?

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

What happens in the likely scenario that Jim Jordan does not make it either, looking at his votes against Scalise?

Β 

Are they just gonna eventually nominate some unknown Republican backbencher no side can refuse or will there be 5 moderate Republicans voting for Hakeem Jeffries at some point?

Β 

McCarthy makes a deal to be the temporary speaker for the next 90 days. They pass something to keep the government open and then the chaos starts back up again

Edited by Vroom Vroom
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Β 

Β 

No republican is voting for Jeffries for speaker. I keep seeing people say this will happen, but it’s not going to happen. Ever. Not ever.Β 
Β 

What will happen is at the absolute WORST case scenario is very centrist dems (think MGP, Jared Golden, Josh Gottheimer etc) will vote for some β€œconsensus” Republican.Β 
Β 

Im still betting that enough people cave and select Jordan as speaker especially cuz the MAGA base is unleashing the dogs out on people trying to force his way throughΒ 

11 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

Im still betting that enough people cave and select Jordan as speaker especially cuz the MAGA base is unleashing the dogs out on people trying to force his way throughΒ 

But do you really think he can get 217 votes if he lost 113 : 99 against Scalise? Where are those 118 votes supposed to come from?

16 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

No republican is voting for Jeffries for speaker. I keep seeing people say this will happen, but it’s not going to happen. Ever. Not ever.Β 
Β 

What will happen is at the absolute WORST case scenario is very centrist dems (think MGP, Jared Golden, Josh Gottheimer etc) will vote for some β€œconsensus” Republican.Β 
Β 

Jim Jordan will never be speaker. I would bet anything on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VOSS said:

Jim Jordan will never be speaker. I would bet anything on it.

I’m willing to bet he does, why?Β 

Β 

These β€œmoderates” have caved to the crazies every time consistently for the last 30 years. The one time anybody (who isn’t even moderate) fought back (Liz Cheney, Jamie Herera Butler etc) they were quickly booted out of powerΒ 

46 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I’m willing to bet he does, why?Β 

Β 

These β€œmoderates” have caved to the crazies every time consistently for the last 30 years. The one time anybody (who isn’t even moderate) fought back (Liz Cheney, Jamie Herera Butler etc) they were quickly booted out of powerΒ 

How much you wanna bet?

I’m just going off my instinct of course. But a lot of reps hate him. It’ll be real hard to get to 217.

• Like 1

Also - I imagine there are more than four of them who would prefer the government shut down next month and may not support anyone for speaker

ALSO - I wouldn’t be shocked if some of them are secretly hoping they can force the β€œcentrist” reps to make a deal with dems and then they can call them RINOs and play the victim on Fox and Newsmax

46 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Isn't he like a p€do or something omg??

He sure didn’t care to turn a blind eye to it thts for sureΒ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.