Your 2023 Halloween costume?

Giancor

Share your ideas MQArTAv.png

I'll dress up as Gaga as Harley Quinn in Joker 2. :dancehall2:

will switch the skirt for leather pants

Joker: Folie à Deux": Erste Fotos zeigen Lady Gaga als Harley Quinn | Vogue  Germany Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn on 'Joker' Set | Hypebae

• Thanks 1

Perched so I get ideas for mine :duca:

25 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

I won't cause I have no plans for Halloween like usual :'(

39 minutes ago, gardendreams said:

Britney Spears bashes police for conducting welfare check after viral knives  video: 'About power for cops' | Fox News

Lmao that would currently be iconic 

THE Queen

3aa94fc2b13a0515d782930c4d20c6c8.png

• Like 1

486x486bb.png

I’m planning a native american costume

• Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I’m planning a native american costume

You better unplan it, it's not the 90s anymore :deadbanana:

14 minutes ago, Daddy said:

You better unplan it, it's not the 90s anymore :deadbanana:

What do you mean? What’s wrong with it?

1 minute ago, Daddy said:

I understand their point. But for me wearing such costume is a form of cultural appreciation and expression, rather than appropriation.

It’s not really that deep. It’s halloween, dressing up and adopting different personas is intrinsic to the tradition and is done without malice or intent to mock.

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

I understand their point. But for me wearing such costume is a form of cultural appreciation and expression, rather than appropriation.

It’s not really that deep. It’s halloween, dressing up and adopting different personas is intrinsic to the tradition and is done without malice or intent to mock.

You do you, just don't be surprised to get pushback in real life. Since you're not a Native American it doesn't matter what it means "to you". Since I'm also no Native American I can't tell you what to do either. Just wanted to inform you how the community fought agains their culture to be mocked. They're still getting killed in those "costumes". That's why it's so different to, let's say, dress up in Bavarian leather-shorts. Happy Halloween tho! :hug: 

4 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Well, if the people whose culture you are wearing as a costume say its disrespectful to them, then you should listen. 

You are doing the opposite of appreciation if you do not appreciate their opinion. 

This is exactly what appropriation is. 

now that i'm blonde again I could go with Avril Lavigne like I did back in 2013 - 2015!  I went as Charlotte Sands last year because I had the blue hair :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.