WaPo: CA Gov. Newsom considering 7 women to replace Dianne Feinstein

jakeisphat

Just now, Vroom Vroom said:

I think you’re missing the point. She was picked because she is completely unknown and has no experience running a winning campaign. Newsom picked someone who would either not run for the seat or not be able to win the seat. He said that he wanted to pick a caretaker and he most likely was successful

This really changes nothing, it is still between Schiff and Porter. Between those two, I’m hoping Porter comes out on top. But it seems like the whole Democratic Party is working to make Schiff the winner 

I guarantee you when Newsome announces her appointment, he will do nothing but highlight what democrats think matters to Minority voters: her race and sexual orientation. Just ignore that she’s a lobbyist and a corporate hack, all that’ll matter is “first LGBTQ woman from California”. 

It’s so cringe and a big issue with todays democrats. I care about people who will have the back of the working class above all else, and I guarantee most voters do too. 

I think Barbara Lee is too old to be running for a senate seat, but she comes from a great background and is a champion against the M.I.C and a pioneer in the anti war movement. THAT is something people not terminally online care about 

No offense but I feel like you need to be more notable than this to be a senator. This woman didn't even have a wikipedia page until 2 months ago :skull: 

34 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I think you’re missing the point. She was picked because she is completely unknown and has no experience running a winning campaign. Newsom picked someone who would either not run for the seat or not be able to win the seat. He said that he wanted to pick a caretaker and he most likely was successful

This really changes nothing, it is still between Schiff and Porter. Between those two, I’m hoping Porter comes out on top. But it seems like the whole Democratic Party is working to make Schiff the winner 

Yeah, I don't think Butler is going to actually run for the seat full-time. It feels like a move to also get a Kamala ally into the trenches of the Senate again, remind CA Dems who the king-makers are after Lee tried to press Newsom, and reform some relationships, with Butler likely redirecting her focus back to Kamala's campaign for 2024 once the primary comes and goes.

This is her bigger political goal:

F7Zv765WcAAxWGY?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

Yeah, I don't think Butler is going to actually run for the seat full-time. It feels like a move to also get a Kamala ally into the trenches of the Senate again, remind CA Dems who the king-makers are after Lee tried to press Newsom, and reform some relationships, with Butler likely redirecting her focus back to Kamala's campaign for 2024 once the primary comes and goes.

This is her bigger political goal:

F7Zv765WcAAxWGY?format=jpg&name=large

That’s a really good point. If she plays her cards right she could get a spot in Kamala’s administration (of course that only happens if Biden wins another term and is unable to finish it, which probably is a 40% chance of both those things happening) 

I’ve only recently have been paying attention to Newsom, but he comes off as a total snake. He has no interest in having a black woman fill this seat, if he did he would have picked someone that could actually hold the seat like Lee or maybe even Bass. The senate is quickly going to go from having 1 black woman senator to 0, most likely replaced by a white man 

18 hours ago, Kylizzle said:

No offense but I feel like you need to be more notable than this to be a senator. This woman didn't even have a wikipedia page until 2 months ago :skull: 

eh, that guy whose memoir inspired that glenn close/amy adams white trash biopic mostly was just known for that. and he was actually elected for a term.

hillbilly-elegy-netflix_orig.jpg

5 hours ago, FreeXone said:

Why the duck did he not pick barbera lee?! 

because a progressive is exactly the kind of thing he doesn't want. He's been vetoing multiple progressive policies all year so he can have credibility to run as a ConservaDem in 2028.

Nominating a Kamala Harris acolyte who is as empty and meaningless a figurehead as Kamala Harris herself is exactly the type of thing he would do. Even better that she can weaponize her identity as a black lesbian to escape criticism exactly the same way White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre does as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.