Is Christina Aguilera the most underrated Pop Icon of all time?

ScubaDive

On 9/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, Outlaws said:

Yeah, but a big part of this is also on her.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• Power love

• NausAllien

• La Reina

21 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Nothing about Christina is underrated. She had her moment and she had a ton of potential, but she gave up after her third album. She never got to a point where she experimented musically or did anything different than what her peers were doing (sans Beautiful) and her and her fanbase had a reputation for being truly awful in terms of personality.

I supported her her entire career but when Bionic sank her, it was honestly hard to feel bad (even though I liked half of the album). She’ll always be an icon and hopefully one day she’ll come back swinging.

This whole nasty attitude narrative is a pathetic and lame attempt at justifying your dislike for a person you do not know. All the people who complained about Christina have always said it was her management at the time except for the guys from The Wanted and time proved they were never nice to humanity in the first place so kudos to Christina for seeright through them.

Other than that it is all lies and fabrications that live in the minds of some of her peers' Fandoms. Mary J Blige is a good friend of Christina. Pink complains about Christina yet all the lady marmalade girls adore her and have collaborated with her through the years. Avril Lavigne is still pressed she was never respected in the way Christina was. 

No. She is properly rated for her massive voice.

She made strong reinventions that disenfranchised her base each era.

She is fairly rated.

Early on her career, she was. a bit overrated because they were trying to force a new Whitney/Celine/Mariah while each lady was still in the game.

As her career progressed it balanced out and she became fairly rated.

She's not getting so much praise to. be overrated and she gets things every now again so she's not forgotten like. a Willa Ford type.

So, no she's not underrated at all. She would be underrated if she did massive things that people would not praise her for but she gets praise for Stripped. lesser degree B2B.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, I54X said:

This whole nasty attitude narrative is a pathetic and lame attempt at justifying your dislike for a person you do not know. All the people who complained about Christina have always said it was her management at the time except for the guys from The Wanted and time proved they were never nice to humanity in the first place so kudos to Christina for seeright through them.

Other than that it is all lies and fabrications that live in the minds of some of her peers' Fandoms. Mary J Blige is a good friend of Christina. Pink complains about Christina yet all the lady marmalade girls adore her and have collaborated with her through the years. Avril Lavigne is still pressed she was never respected in the way Christina was. 

Way to try and rewrite history. I was a fan of Christina Aguilera from the moment she debuted and even supported her during her lowest times (I had my Bionic tickets, I bought the special edition of Liberation, etc.). The reason I never stanned her nor got into her further was the way she treated other people. Christina has been nasty to MJB, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Avril Lavigne, P!nk, etc. I’m proud of her for making amends with most of them, but it was off-putting at the time and kept me from ever being more interested in her - just like it did for most of the fanbases she alienated.

• Like 1

I love seeing her get her flowers and relish in her family, health, wealth, acclaim and success, especially because she’s always had fervently jealous haters her entire career. She’s underrated but with time the truth is undeniable. Christina Aguilera is one of the most successful singers and pop icons of all time that inspired the next generation of it girls. Many people aspire to be the next Christina Aguilera, why would anyone aspire to have the career trajectory of her peers lol. Of the teen pop girls Christina obviously won. :allears:

JustLikeHoney
On 9/29/2023 at 6:22 AM, SinnerCity said:

She has one of the most notable and celebrated voices in her generation. She just doesn’t have a memorable career and her inspiration is overly attributed and often reduced to Stripped. Nobody wants to be the next Christina Aguilera for instance.

Lana Del Rey for example is hugely underrated. The fact that she has inspired a whole ass generation with her music is a testament of that, yet the industry keeps paying her dust despite the fact she drives in outstanding crowds and record breaking music for whatever reason.

Lana deserves all her success and accolades, but she is NOT underrated. She is literally one of the most streamed artists in the world. 

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

She never got to a point where she experimented musically or did anything different than what her peers were doing

This is such a lie :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Suburbannature was that person that posed as a Mariah fan but was in fact an Xtina hater, right? I remember them from a very long back and forth last year.

We get it. You don't like Xtina. Just move along and stop pestering us in every Xtina thread. It's weird... 

Posed as a Mariah fan? I AM a Mariah fan. The conspiracy theory :ahh: 

I answered OP's question like everyone else. It's not my problem that you can't handle it.

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Lana deserves all her success and accolades, but she is NOT underrated. She is literally one of the most streamed artists in the world. 

Hence why I said the Industry keeps paying her dust despite the fact she’s influenced a generation with her music. It’s basic reading comprehension mate, make an effort.

JustLikeHoney
53 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Hence why I said the Industry keeps paying her dust despite the fact she’s influenced a generation with her music. It’s basic reading comprehension mate, make an effort.

I agree that Lana should have a couple Grammy's under her belt at the very least 5. I think Christina deserves a couple more to be honest. Her duet with Alejandro Fernandez deserved at least a Latin Grammy. Back To Basics deserved the Best Vocal Pop Album Grammy she was nominated for. I still don't know how John Meyer won over her and James Blunt and Justin Timberlake. I agree the industry not the consumer pays Lana dust. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

4 hours ago, Eternium said:

Christina has been nasty to MJB, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Avril Lavigne, P!nk, etc

It’s interesting that you still stan Britney yet she bullied a 12 year old girl on set where this girl dropped out of acting & has been traumatized. 

Britney has made shady nasty comments towards Mariah mental breakdown. 

Lil Kim said Britney was nasty towards her. 

Britney has said pretty racist comments. 

I could go on for days… yet you STILL stan Britney :clown:. Drop the ACT you don’t like Christina that’s it stop making up made up reason. 

We can see right through you. You’re a main Xtina hater just own it we don’t care about what lies you’re giving about buying Bionic & Liberation :rip:

All the ladies mentioned have also had numbers of public feuds & nasty moments as well especially Pink yet you have no problem with them. 

Edited by Power love
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 hours ago, Eternium said:

Way to try and rewrite history. I was a fan of Christina Aguilera from the moment she debuted and even supported her during her lowest times (I had my Bionic tickets, I bought the special edition of Liberation, etc.). The reason I never stanned her nor got into her further was the way she treated other people. Christina has been nasty to MJB, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Avril Lavigne, P!nk, etc. I’m proud of her for making amends with most of them, but it was off-putting at the time and kept me from ever being more interested in her - just like it did for most of the fanbases she alienated.

Mary J Blige's incident was a misunderstanding that was squashed and proved to be a lie when she single handedly picked Christina to sing at her charity concert called "Mary J Blige and friends" 

Avril had a ***** and nasty attitude towards everyone in pop that's why she never made it big in terms of industry respect. Did you conveniently forget how she pushed Kelly Clarkson on camera at the VMA's?

Christina was never mean to gaga so stop trying to re-write history and when it comes to Britney she simply stated the obvious and time proved her right. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Power love said:

It’s interesting that you still stan Britney yet she bullied a 12 year old girl on set where this girl dropped out of acting & has been traumatized. 

Britney has made shady nasty comments towards Mariah mental breakdown. 

Lil Kim said Britney was nasty towards her. 

Britney has said pretty racist comments. 

I could go on for days… yet you STILL stan Britney :clown:. Drop the ACT you don’t like Christina that’s it stop making up made up reason. 

We can see right through you. You’re a main Xtina hater just own it we don’t care about what lies you’re giving about buying Bionic & Liberation :rip:

All the ladies mentioned have also had numbers of public feuds & nasty moments as well especially Pink yet you have no problem with them. 

Sis get the video of Lil Kim talking about the Nasty attitude of Britney. 

Her fans want to gaslight people, as a matter of fact if anything is true is that karma does exist, that's why their fave lives the live she lives. 

Christina remains richer, more influential, more respected and the only one with talent out of the two and their fave was nothing but a glorified cheerleader mistaken for a dancer by them to begin with. 

Edited by I54X
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

22 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Suburbannature was that person that posed as a Mariah fan but was in fact an Xtina hater, right? I remember them from a very long back and forth last year.

We get it. You don't like Xtina. Just move along and stop pestering us in every Xtina thread. It's weird... 

Oh? What's this tea? 

Anyway she's rated just right.

Yeah whereas Brit is overrated but wbk that hence her pisspoor streams 

13 hours ago, Electric Youth said:

No. That would be Gwen Stefani and Nelly Furtado 

cOzAXhl.jpg

Yess, and MIA too

Xtina was not underrated at all. Everyone knows of her bombastic vocals. She had plenty of goodwill and hype but always chooses the wrong comeback singles (Your Body / Accelerate), she essentially kills her own chances

JustLikeHoney
22 hours ago, I54X said:

Sis get the video of Lil Kim talking about the Nasty attitude of Britney. 

Her fans want to gaslight people, as a matter of fact if anything is true is that karma does exist, that's why their fave lives the live she lives. 

Christina remains richer, more influential, more respected and the only one with talent out of the two and their fave was nothing but a glorified cheerleader mistaken for a dancer by them to begin with. 

Girl my eye brows got singed reading this. 

On 9/29/2023 at 4:45 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Her main legacy is Stripped, which gets lots of credit imo so not really. I think Kylie, Janet, Carly Rae, Robyn, and Nelly Furtado are more underrated. 

/end thread 

What is Xtina contribution to the pop scene? all her moments are forgettable. Her uncontrolably scream vocals are not the best, who say she is the best singer doesn't understand music.

She had a spark of artistry during Stripped and B2B and then she converted into a parody of herself, always saying the same BS about powerful women even though she treated her peers like trash when she was at her peak lol the constantly screaming...

She is where she deserves, doing small tours for the insufferable people who thinks screaming is singing. She always will be remember when compared to Britney and not the other way around.

Today she isn't remembered, period. No one cares about her vocals. When people talking current vocalists they will talk about Adele.

Her first album is her best vocally because the record company was in charge and didn't allow her to scream non stop like she does on Stripped foward.

The problem is she thinks she is really that important and the last 15 years of flop have slowly changing her, but she still thinks she is the best.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I don’t think she’s underrated as a whole, because she’s still very much acclaimed as a vocalist and pop icon. I do think her albums outside of Stripped have always been underrated, but that’s mostly her fault tbh. I’m a huge Xtina fan, but it’s true that her releases and release schedule have hurt her throughout her entire career. Bionic is actually my fave Xtina album, but there’s no way that something she started work on in 2008 didn’t get released until summer 2010. By then, everything she had worked on seemed behind the trend when it initially wasn’t. With the exception of Lotus, every album is good, but I feel like none of them (once again, Stripped aside) have been heard the way they should’ve been, and that’s because she either waited too long to release, or the singles/promo singles were confusing and didn’t connect. 

14 hours ago, BoyAlmighty said:

Banned

spacer.png

What’s the tea on this omg wow. :biblio:

On 10/1/2023 at 10:18 AM, Eternium said:

Lmaooooo I always see your name trashing her let’s be ******* for real

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.