Is Christina Aguilera the most underrated Pop Icon of all time?

ScubaDive

3 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I’ll give you Sabrina Carpenter so well played on that one but Karol G and the rest? Now you’re just reaching 

They mentioned X and gave her flowers. Stop being a hater. I'm not even a Fighter but damn. :deadbanana2:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• Power love

• NausAllien

• La Reina

1 minute ago, Frappucino said:

They mentioned X and gave her flowers. Stop being a hater. I'm not even a Fighter but damn. :deadbanana2:

Giving her flowers is very different to want to be her, they have given flowers to many other female artists alike so what are you on now? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

yes and no. she's know as the voice of a generation and Stripped era still has a lot of impact. her debut had some cute bops and B2B was a great album, but her quality quickly declined from 2010 on.

20 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Giving her flowers is very different to want to be her, they have given flowers to many other female artists alike so what are you on now? 

On Aubrey's post giving Xtina her flowers she literally put on the caption she's one of the most influential. If anyone's on something it's you boo! Can't even bother to read! 

54 minutes ago, Power love said:

May i ask you what mistakes were made during Stripped?

Releasing "Dirrty" as the lead single. The music video was iconic but extremely raunchy.

"Dirrty" also didn't represent the overall sound and message of the album, which is mostly about overcoming adversity and finding strength within (Walk Away, Underappreciated, Cruz, Soar, Keep On Singin' My Song, I'm Ok, The Voice Within, Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down) and although there are some R&B and hip hop elements, the album is mostly ballads and pop. Some people probably got the impression everything in Stripped was like "Dirrty" and that couldn't be further from the truth. It's a pretty mature album with very mature topics that range from sexism to domestic violence.

Christina is very well respected and influential among her peers. There's no point in denying that.

Up and coming singers always cite her as one of their influences, both vocally and musically (with albums such as Stripped). She's the Mariah/Whitney of the new generation.

• Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

yes and no. she's know as the voice of a generation and Stripped era still has a lot of impact. her debut had some cute bops and B2B was a great album, but her quality quickly declined from 2010 on.

Quality =/= sales

Bionic, Liberation and AGUILERA are amazing albums. Quality did not decline, sales did. The only album she's released which had a drop in quality was Lotus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NausAllien said:

Quality =/= sales

Bionic, Liberation and AGUILERA are amazing albums. Quality did not decline, sales did. The only album she's released which had a drop in quality was Lotus.

Bionic is a horrible album and Liberation was mediocre. When she was making quality records like Stripped and B2B, she was rightly rewarded for it

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I’m just happy we are seeing xtina more and more in public again. I understand she choose family, and mental health instead of commercial success. I am just happy she willing to show herself more in public and hopefully we get a highly rated new album from her very soon. I just hope we continue too see her more and more the next couple of months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/29/2023 at 6:22 AM, SinnerCity said:

Nobody wants to be the next Christina Aguilera for instance.

Demi Lovato literally tried to make her own version of Stripped, a blueprint album for pop girls shedding their teeny bopper image into grown woman:

"She did a lot of growing up on that album" [...] "And I feel like she really made herself, like, an icon with that album. That's what I hope to do someday and that I wanted to accomplish my vocal capabilities the way that she did with that album."

“I really tried to have my own Stripped,” Lovato said recently.

Source

And that's just one example.

4 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

Beyoncé, Britney Spears and P!nk have stood the test of time, constantly inspired a  generation of artists such as Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Tinashe, Normani, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat among others that have cited them as their main influences over and over again so I fail to see how Christina, the less successful out of that group, managed to inspired artist when she couldn’t even keep a fanbase strong and alive.

Except Xtina gets cited as an inspiration by artists much more than P!nk. Even Avril Lavigne gets cited as an inspiration more often than P!nk. :rip:

And all those artists you named after were directly inspired by Xtina at some point or another, too. No points were made by you, as usual.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Frappucino said:

That user works overtime in every Xtina thread to try and discredit her. Miserable as hell (but just look at that avi, I would be too stanning that in 2023).

Makes me wonder if he was bullied by a Fighter or something. :alexz2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Miserable as hell (but just look at that avi, I would be too stanning that in 2023).

Xtina_Sueltame-9234_V3_Crop.thumb.jpeg.a

Just now, suburbannature said:

Looks like I struck a nerve. Might as well send me those same 5 YouTube links you like to spam any time someone mentions your fave's vocal state while you're at it!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Looks like I struck a nerve. Might as well send me those same 5 YouTube links you like to spam any time someone mentions your fave's vocal state while you're at it!

the way you're unable to stay on topic

Just now, suburbannature said:

the way you're unable to stay on topic

the way you're unable to resist walking into xtina threads

we love to see it, my impactful fave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suburbannature was that person that posed as a Mariah fan but was in fact an Xtina hater, right? I remember them from a very long back and forth last year.

We get it. You don't like Xtina. Just move along and stop pestering us in every Xtina thread. It's weird... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

If anything, I think Christina has been able to maintain a fairly high level of status among the public, given how little she’s invested in keeping the GP fed over the years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Suburbannature was that person that posed as a Mariah fan but was in fact an Xtina hater

Embarrassing :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Underrated how? She was like one of the biggest popstars at the dawn of the millennium, and has the moniker of Voice of a generation :deadbanana:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SinnerCity said:

But you are already claiming her as the most influential artist of her generation without providing factual prove of that so what I gather from your deflection is that you choose to believe that and accept it as a fact rather than to engage in a conversation you will most likely lose.

Beyoncé, Britney Spears and P!nk have stood the test of time, constantly inspired a  generation of artists such as Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Tinashe, Normani, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat among others that have cited them as their main influences over and over again so I fail to see how Christina, the less successful out of that group, managed to inspired artist when she couldn’t even keep a fanbase strong and alive.

All the artists you're speaking about here mentionned Christina as a big inspiration for them though :skull:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Power love said:

May i ask you what mistakes were made during Stripped?

Not releasing “Infatuation” as a single. :ace:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

Bionic is a horrible album and Liberation was mediocre. When she was making quality records like Stripped and B2B, she was rightly rewarded for it

Bionic is atrocious yes, Liberation is great album. 

Nothing about Christina is underrated. She had her moment and she had a ton of potential, but she gave up after her third album. She never got to a point where she experimented musically or did anything different than what her peers were doing (sans Beautiful) and her and her fanbase had a reputation for being truly awful in terms of personality.

I supported her her entire career but when Bionic sank her, it was honestly hard to feel bad (even though I liked half of the album). She’ll always be an icon and hopefully one day she’ll come back swinging.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She is not 

The music and work ethic wasn't there after back to basics 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.