Is Christina Aguilera the most underrated Pop Icon of all time?

ScubaDive

nah

Β 

zac.thumb.jpg.0c910697eb9ee17f3865553578

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I54X

• Power love

• NausAllien

• La Reina

I mean isn't her debut album one of the best selling albums of all time?

Β 

She had her big success for almost a decade at least and global fame with tours, won 5 Grammys, so she had her (long) moment, it's not like she has been under radar like for example I don't know Tinashe, at the end she still manage to have a peak and the rocognitions that are rare to achieve for a singer, not to mention nobody has ever denied her talent, so she's definitely not underrated.

Β 

The last 13 years of her career are just the result of her giving up or not caring enough in a way.

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

She has never made a strong record.

Are you serious? Right in front of my Stripped and Back to Basics?Β 
Β 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Are you serious? Right in front of my Stripped and Back to Basics?Β 
Β 

spacer.png

Both could lose a few songs, especially Back to Basics (which is my fave xtina album, but some fillers ruin my listening experience)

Β 

Just now, State of Grace. said:

Both could lose a few songs, especially Back to Basics (which is my fave xtina album, but some fillers ruin my listening experience)

Β 

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, CBC said:

where is the poll?

zac.thumb.jpg.0c910697eb9ee17f3865553578cOzAXhl.jpg
kUk1PCA.jpgUIW3Rfe.jpg

I don't know how to edit lol I was trying

• Like 1

She's very underrated as an artist and a songwriter. People forget she co-wrote some of her best songs like Fighter, Infatuation, Hurt, Ain't No Other Man, etc. with only the producer of the song, which means she likely did most of the writing. Some of her best albums like Stripped were unfairly bashed by some critics just because they didn't like her image or music videos (which has nothing to do with the music itself).

Β 

Of course, commercially, she has underperformed for more than a decade. So she's also underrated by the GP. She should be up there with BeyoncΓ© because she's as talented as Bey.

Β 

I would say she's fairly rated and very respected by her peers. Every pop girl mentions her as one of their inspirations and albums like Stripped are still very impactful.

Β 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, dumbsparce said:

Then why the downvote on my post?

Β 

Clicking Christina Aguilera GIF

Because it was factually wrong in you attempt to throw shade at her.

Β 

No but Yes

Β 

Sexy Christina Aguilera GIF

• Haha 1

No? If anything, she’s overhyped on this website. Her stats are really unimpressive. She hasn’t had a solo top 10 single in the U.S. since the mid-2000s. Her career lasted a few years and people moved on. She had a few successful collaborations in the early 10s, but that’s about it. Her streams are horrible, the GP doesn’t know her, her comeback singles didn’t chart anywhere.Β 

• Thumbs Down 5

No, everyone is aware of her talent, she's just not a likeable person.

spacer.png

I don't think she's underrated. She had a lot of success in the 2000s. It's normal for most artists to not stay in their peak. I still stan her though x

She's underrated as an artist but is an undeniable Pop icon and the Pop sphere is very aware of that despite all the attempts from the Britney stans to make her look like a nobody :cm:

• Like 5

Yes. Her sales are great and she’s always trending on twitter with new memes or gifs.

• Like 1

I'm so fascinated by her. She SHOULD have a career like Beyonce and I disagree that the GP doesn't know her... ? That's why I referred to her in my Title as pop icon (like Madonna, Britney, Janet, Michael)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.