54 members have voted

1. 1. Better Pop Album Royalty?

• TENSION
    • MADAME X

Better? Tension

more worthy of being released by a Pop Royalty”? Madame X

so there

• Like 1

They're two opposite albums so despite the fact that they were both released by pop veterans, I don't see the point.

Tension is fun and danceable but it won't stand out as unique in Kylie's discography. It's a continuation of her (amazing) material since Aphrodite.

Madame X was a risk to take and some things were questionable, but with time passing, people will realize that it was actually good.

• Like 2

I agree with those above. Madame X is a risk taking experimental album that will be appreciated more as time goes on in the same way American Life is.

Tension has it's moments, but it's basically another Kylie record. Nothing unique or groundbreaking, just fun and dispoable dance bops.

Tension is more consistent and more fun than Madame X without taking itself too seriously or being dragged down by its creator's pretensions, so it wins easily.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Tension is a cute album with a few standout tracks.

Madame X is a horrible album with a few redeemable tracks. I have tried to see the “experimental masterpiece” some have seen but each time I revisit the record, I end up hating it more. The lyrics, the vocals, the genre-hopping, the pretentiousness juxtaposed with the the sell-out features… It’s a disaster. 

Edited by Both Sides Now
  • Like 2

I can say it as a long time stan madame x is madonna’s worst album. Will never be a thing. I do enjoy a few songs but as a project. It’s just a total mess. 

1 minute ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Tension is more consistent and more fun than Madame X without taking itself too seriously or being dragged down by its creator's pretensions, so it wins easily.

Pretentions? Anyone who knows anything about Madonna will know she's always been creative, experimental and thought provoking with her music.

Besides, many will say Kylie was being pretentious on Impossible Princess considering she went back to making dance bops after it failed to set the charts alight and hasn't made anything like that ever since.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, ICLDXU4HS said:

Stop trying to make Madame X happen. 

The irony is that Tension will probably never get close to 500k WW units sold :rip:

• Thanks 1

Tension by light years.mp3. Madame X remains unlistenable and it has nothing to do with its alleged experimentalness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tension is a very well crafted pop album. Madame X is an interesting concept but I find some tracks just cringe or forgettable. It's a shame because I love Madonna's experimental side - Paradise (Not for Me) is my favourite Madonna song of all time but Madame X is just not it.

It's also quite stupid to compare these two albums since they are so different.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.