Billie talks BE3, currently finishing up album

B-Luke

Billie Eilish 2023 blue

After touching on her creative process, and what it was like to write "What Was I Made For?" which features on the Barbie movie soundtrack, Eliott asks Eilish about the GoPro that she was spotted wearing recently, and wonders whether she's teasing the release of new music, is working on a documentary, or if indeed he's just reaching for something.

"Everyone's always reaching but that's ok. It's important to reach because you've gotta have something to hold onto," she laughs. "There is lots of music coming. There is a whole album of music coming and we're in the final stages of making it – so that doesn't mean its about to come out, but it is getting there and it's very exciting."

She goes on to confirm that there is no documentary in the works, but "someday there will be another".

"I put a GoPro on because after the shows I run out into the crowd and jump onto the barricade and grab everybody – really they grab me – and I submit to it," she explains, adding that she would never go into the crowd if she was going to be upset about somebody grabbing her, as it's a "recipe for disaster". The reason she got a GoPro was to capture the experience of being so personal with her fans.

"I think it's really special to do that, and I get so much out of it even though its terrifying a little. Those faces this close to me, screaming in my face and sobbing is like an experience that I don't think we're meant to experience as people," she says, about connecting with her fans in such an intimate way. "Every time I do it, I always run right backstage and tell everybody, 'Wow i wish you guys could see my POV when I do that because its shocking."

x

• Like 1

Ahhhh I’m so excited!! Don’t rush perfection though, legend, we can wait :heart:

single next month album in november please

• Haha 1

I'm smelling a lead in November and a magnum opus early next year. I'm so curious to see where she goes from HTE. I would LOVE it if she some electro-rock bangers. 

hey queen! girl, you have done it again. constantly raising the bar for us all and doing it flawlessly. i’d say i’m surprised, but i know who you are. i’ve seen it up close and personal. girl you make me so proud.

• Like 1

more oxytocines and halley's comets :heart2: hopefully lead this year !

I'd say lead in march, Album in may.

Was wondering what she is up to so hearing "we're in the final stages of making it" felt good to know. take your time queen. excited about the next chapter. 

36 minutes ago, magazine said:

Hope she sneaks WWIMF? onto it :duca:

Same, it's such a masterpiece! 

OT: HTE was THE slay of the century so I'm nervous yet excited as hell!

• Like 1

She's going to dominate 2024 along with Dua

• Haha 1

Happier Than Ever is one of the best (if not the best) coming of age records so im perched! :flame:

I hope the rollout isnt messy this time around tho. She released the worst songs on the HTE as pre album singles (except Your Power and My Future)

• ATRL Moderator

I’m hoping she has a better rollout than she had for HTE. But I’m super excited about new music from her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.