Is your body a mess and are you insecure about it?

smartalek22

For how much I've been in the gym lately, I'm satisfied with it—especially now. I want to bulk up just a little bit more, but not too much. I have a swimmer's build, very lean and toned.

I used to hate my old body. But then I gained 35 pounds and I look back and I used to be so fine…. So now I accept myself more cause it all be in my head. 

Started back at the gym 3 months ago and slowly getting my confidence back. I am quite slim naturally and will never be muscular but at least I am getting more toned. I was skinny pre-covid but always thought I was "fat". Now I have to diet and exercise more than before.

I’m trying to motivate myself to start the gym to try put some weight/muscle on. Currently only around 105lbs but nervous to go to the gym and not have a clue what I’m doing :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

It has definitely improved in the last months since I've been working out and stuff, but I'm still very self aware and only comfortable at times. 

Plus, I should also have more discipline. I'm doing fine in the lifting area but the cardio and eating one... not so much :fan:

Anyway, I've struggled with this my whole life.

I’ve never felt comfortable with myself. I’ve basically been super insecure since I was like 12.

I wouldn't say I'm insecure but I've been comparing my body of today (24 years old) to my 18 years old body all the time in the past year and although I haven't gained much weight I still have a hard time watching myself grow into an adult body :mazen:

Edited by ariananext

4 hours ago, Jimmy. said:

I’m trying to motivate myself to start the gym to try put some weight/muscle on. Currently only around 105lbs but nervous to go to the gym and not have a clue what I’m doing :deadbanana2:

Tbh nobody cares that youre there, ppl just wanna work out and leave. 

at most gyms there should be certified trainers to help you guide you if theres yt and google. 

12 minutes ago, Emperial said:

Just go to the gym fatties

I feel like going to the gym can only really help so much. A lot of insecurities can’t just be remedied by going to the gym, and real results don’t happen very quickly even with a lot of gym time. 

Dad bod and definitely not insecure about it. It's also a constant change, I embrace the changes. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:36 AM, Emperial said:

Tbh nobody cares that youre there, ppl just wanna work out and leave. 

at most gyms there should be certified trainers to help you guide you if theres yt and google. 

There was a story about a woman posting a nude photo of an old woman in the gym showers online, and I’ve heard stories of newcomers to gyms getting pics taken of them so it’s a legitimate concern to have. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.