What’s with people writing in lowercase?

bjorn

Why do the younger generation write everything in lowercase? It’s a trend I’ve seen for a couple of years even before Ariana Grande did it? 

Lie what’s the psychology of this? Mental illness? Insecurity? They wanna be cool or what’s the tea?

• Thumbs Down 1

idrk:rip: i can tell you it’s not cause of ariana though 

i turned my caps off years ago cause my sister had them off and she told me to turn mine off too. but i think i’ll turn mine back on sooner or later

Edited by punisher
  • Like 1

it makes my text look smol and cute, but i still whip out the correct casing whenever im mad, really trying to make a point or trying to seem professional

• Like 2

i honestly couldn’t tell you why i started… although i do think using caps and perfect grammar in casual conversation over text looks aggressive now that i got used to this LOL

obviously if i’m ever talking in a professional setting i would never talk in lowercase or not use punctuation though as i’m sure most other people who text similarly would as well 

Edited by Kim Petrat
needed to clarify a little
  • Like 4

what's with people getting triggered over how other people write?

it's literally a writing style on the web, it's not something like a grammar error or something which you can get triggered over. i don't care about how other people write. :heart:

• Like 6

The youth has done this since like 2009. My friends and I used to do it to be cute and dainty. thought it was edgy. It's lame

Edited by BlossomSoul
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Why do the younger generation write everything in lowercase? It’s a trend I’ve seen for a couple of years even before Ariana Grande did it? 

Lie what’s the psychology of this? Mental illness? Insecurity? They wanna be cool or what’s the tea?

Laziness. Most people don't wanna have to capitalize everything that needs it. Unless your phone autocorrects it. 

• Like 2

So after conducting this trial my conclusion is it’s because it’s cute? 

Got it :coffee:

Spoiler

I’ll stick with mental illness 

• Thumbs Down 1

holding down the shift button is inconvenient :swan:

I think it's a marketing trick to make the songs look more personal than they (sometimes) are, or to give an impression that it's casual, like a voice note and you don't care

I can understand it more online, because some people just probably can’t be bothered to use capital letters / punctuation, but I’m not sure why it’s became such a trend with song titles.

I don’t find lowercase song titles as offensive as uppercase ones, but they’re still not attractive to me. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.