Does Your Favorite Movie Pass The Bechdel Test?

AbeHicks

The Bechdel Test is a measure of the representation of women in film and other fiction. The test asks whether a work features at least two women who talk to each other about something other than a man. The requirement that the two women be named is sometimes added.

Yes, my favorite movie is The Wizard of Oz.

Yes. 78 Heroines with no male character on sight. 

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

My favorite movie is WALL·E.  I don’t think it passes either the test or the reverse test since I think there are only three named characters.  (Unless you want to start assigning gender to robots) 

• ATRL Moderator

Scream does :heart: Tatum and Sydney discuss Syd’s mother, they also talk about punching Gale in the face :dies:

• Like 2

My favourite movies are American satan & the dirt.  The only females in those movies are either groupies or the bass player in American satan who ****** Andy biersack and ruined his relationship

Yeah definitely not :gaycat6:

“Heather, it’s your turn.”

“No, Heather, it’s Heather’s turn.”

“Sorry, Heather.”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, byzantium said:

My favorite movie is WALL·E.  I don’t think it passes either the test or the reverse test since I think there are only three named characters.  (Unless you want to start assigning gender to robots) 

Fatphobic movie

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Spirited Away - yes

Lost In Translation - no

Up - no

20 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

The good sis shoudln't denounce her impact like this :'(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.