Does Getaway Car Deserve Cruel Summer’s Resurgence? Has Taylor outdone it since?

stjosephprey4us

Does Getaway Car deserve viral status?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Does Getaway Car deserve to be viral?

2. 2. Has Taylor Outdone Getaway Car since?

Is Getaway Car the Taylor deep cut that actually deserves Cruel Summer’s viral level of resurgence? Methinks yes…

And, as Taylor’s best (pop) song up until that point, has she outdone it since? Methinks no…

If you think otherwise, why?

Edited by stjosephprey4us
  • Like 1

She needs to do a music video for Getaway Car or Don't Blame Me for rep TV. We don't need a new single promo for another reject.

Enchanted is the biggest waste of opportunity for her. It could easily went no. 1 but we got the forgettable I Can See You instead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dussel_06 said:

She needs to do a music video for Getaway Car or Don't Blame Me for rep TV. We don't need a new single promo for another reject.

Enchanted is the biggest waste of opportunity for her. It could easily went no. 1 but we got the forgettable I Can See You instead.

Her promo choices since the start of Lover era have been… a Me!ss

• Thanks 2

No, it’s a good song but quite barebones and overrated. She did it better with Cruel Summer. There are at least 4-5 better pop songs on Midnights as well

It deserves a short film. I’d be surprised if she didn’t give it at least an MV. I remember when ATW10 came out she was on a talk show and said she was very clued in on what songs fans wanted videos for but never got. Getaway Car is THE song that everyone wanted to be a single.

• Like 1

Getaway Car is definitely better than Cruel Summer. The modulation for the bridge is just 👌and the “riding/crying/dying/goodbye in” outro is gorgeous.

• Like 3

Getaway Car has actually aged quite badly and after she ditched the Enchanted opportunity to make a mv, I doubt she'll touch any pre-existing songs and will make videos for vault tracks instead.

Yes, I do think that Getaway Car is the superior Swiftonoff pop collab (at least on that side of Anti-Hero), and that it's certainly due a good spate of virality. That being said, there are a few pop songs on Midnights (and one on Lover) that I do think surpass Getaway Car :gaycat4:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yes, I do think that Getaway Car is the superior Swiftonoff pop collab (at least on that side of Anti-Hero), and that it's certainly due a good spate of virality. That being said, there are a few pop songs on Midnights (and one on Lover) that I do think surpass Getaway Car :gaycat4:

Only if you’re talking about Death By a Thousand Cuts :lakitu:

• Like 2

That’s a weird way to spell “Dancing With Our Hands Tied” :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Folklore89sm said:

It deserves a short film. I’d be surprised if she didn’t give it at least an MV. I remember when ATW10 came out she was on a talk show and said she was very clued in on what songs fans wanted videos for but never got. Getaway Car is THE song that everyone wanted to be a single.

same as Cruel Summer but it didn't even have a shitty tour music video to push it to #1 :rip: she just says that but whether she actually follows through is another matter :cm: 

I prefer Getaway Car over Cruel Summer as a song, but Cruel Summer deserves this moment. Long overdue.

I hope Getaway Car can get a viral moment too 

Edited by Taeyong
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.