Shakira charged with tax evasion again

Nefertiti0

1 hour ago, Jaded. said:

A rich person not paying their taxes deserves to feel some kind of shame tbh. The average person’s life can be ruined by mounting late fees, penalties, interest, civil and criminal charges, etc when they don’t pay their taxes and they’re a fraction of a rich person like hers. This doesn’t deserve defense from her fans especially if it’s a repeated problem with her. She has funds to pay. 

When rich people act like this, the unpaid bill gets passed down to the lower class when govt’s need more tax money and raise taxes for everyone, when really they should just chase down rich taxpayers for unpaid funds.

Who reported me? Are you serious?  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vuelve88

• LatinFreak

• MermaidPrincess

• popmusicisdead

i've read she paid it but the case will still go to trial. hopefully she gets her justice because this is ridiculous. 

Her reasons for not paying actually make sense

She already paid millions. It's not like she is not paying it's the spanish goverment trying to steal 

30 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

i've read she paid it but the case will still go to trial. hopefully she gets her justice because this is ridiculous. 

The Spanish tax office pursued her for taxes between 2011-2014 when they claimed she was resident in Spain (something she repeatedly denies). 

The year 2011 was proved to be outside prosecution, but Shakira paid them €24M for that year anyway, probably hoping they would drop the case for 2012-2014, where they claim she owes them €14.5M which she hasn't paid. 

Instead, the Spanish tax office went to the media revealing that they had extensive evidence of Shakira's alleged tax evasion activities, having hired a private investigator to track down her movements, following her schedules, obtaining her credit card bills, contacting her kids' school and even her hairdresser. All the evidence pointed to her living in Esplugues, Barcelona for the years mentioned. 

She claimed she was living in Bahamas during 2012-2014, but when asked for flight/transport records showing her going/leaving that country, she didn't provide anything. Instead, she provided them with water and cable bills to "prove" she was living at her home there. But when investigators flew to Bahamas and observed her house, they found that her staff were just coming in to switch on and off the lights and TV, and running the water in the bathroom to generate bills, and then they would leave. There was nobody living there. 

Since then, she still insists she was never resident in Spain between 2012-2014, but failed to provide any evidence to convince them (according to the Spanish tax office anyway). They discussed a settlement but she rejected it, claiming she was innocent. So the case got sent to the Spanish courts, where a judge, after reading all the information, decided that there was more than enough evidence for a trial. 

That's why it's going to court now. Shaki claims she did nothing wrong and followed all the advice of her accountants. I hope her day in court is worth it.

Edited by Zack
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Riot said:

God forbid women have hobbies

Is tax fraud her hobby?

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

That's why it's going to court now. Shaki claims she did nothing wrong and followed all the advice of her accountants. I hope her day in court is worth it

She's definitely stubborn. The worst part is that she could make so much more money by actually working and going on tour. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

well the IRS just came for Beyonce recently so nowhere is safe for her. atp she might as well actually move to the Bahamas :coffee2:

*move BACK!... 

1 hour ago, Zack said:

The Spanish tax office pursued her for taxes between 2011-2014 when they claimed she was resident in Spain (something she repeatedly denies). 

The year 2011 was proved to be outside prosecution, but Shakira paid them €24M for that year anyway, probably hoping they would drop the case for 2012-2014, where they claim she owes them €14.5M which she hasn't paid. 

Instead, the Spanish tax office went to the media revealing that they had extensive evidence of Shakira's alleged tax evasion activities, having hired a private investigator to track down her movements, following her schedules, obtaining her credit card bills, contacting her kids' school and even her hairdresser. All the evidence pointed to her living in Esplugues, Barcelona for the years mentioned. 

She claimed she was living in Bahamas during 2012-2014, but when asked for flight/transport records showing her going/leaving that country, she didn't provide anything. Instead, she provided them with water and cable bills to "prove" she was living at her home there. But when investigators flew to Bahamas and observed her house, they found that her staff were just coming in to switch on and off the lights and TV, and running the water in the bathroom to generate bills, and then they would leave. There was nobody living there. 

Since then, she still insists she was never resident in Spain between 2012-2014, but failed to provide any evidence to convince them (according to the Spanish tax office anyway). They discussed a settlement but she rejected it, claiming she was innocent. So the case got sent to the Spanish courts, where a judge, after reading all the information, decided that there was more than enough evidence for a trial. 

That's why it's going to court now. Shaki claims she did nothing wrong and followed all the advice of her accountants. I hope her day in court is worth it.

Mess, Pique's gonna help them prove she was living in Spain... :gaycat1:

She's really gonna end up in a prison cell, huh...:gaycat7:

Good, she'll have plenty of time to reflect on her music choices :coffee2:

Edited by Lorelei
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, P.O.P said:

ATRL: Eat the rich!!!!

Also ATRL:

When have I said eat the rich? FOH and stop boxing me in with others to fit your own narrative. 

6 hours ago, Jaded. said:

Who reported me? Are you serious?  

Not you gettin a second report sis :rip::bibliahh:

Be careful darling. The cabras dont play. Theyre all muy rabiosas

goat-attack.gifshakira-shakira-goat.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, Zack said:

Thank you for breaking everything down like this because I didn’t know the details, and wow. 

I hope she has a good legal team because this doesn’t sound good for her at all :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

The witch hunt against Shakira is quite insane right now. Like 3 different people appared the same day saying she is a horrible employer and person, Piqué was always faithful etc. and the exact same day, suddenly the old tax news is also everywhere again and presented as new. 

The Piqués invested money, I can see that. 

Edited by Moonturn
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, ReH2o said:

Donde está la ladrona :giraffe:

Esta en Miami. Unbotheted and enjoying her success. :alexz2:

1 hour ago, Moonturn said:

The witch hunt against Shakira is quite insane right now. Like 3 different people appared the same day saying she is a horrible employer and person, Piqué was always faithful etc. and the exact same day, suddenly the old tax news is also everywhere again and presented as new. 

The Piqués invested money, I can see that. 

:coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.