Bigger career: Kesha vs Dua Lipa

Enrique523

Which one?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Kesha
    • Dua Lipa

Kesha was huge during the digital download era, and Dua is a huge streaming artist now... However I think Dua has had 2 huge eras under her belt, and Kesha only had 1.

4 hours ago, Power love said:

Kesha came out swinging hard with Animal/CannibalI. 

Kesha was scoring top 10 after top 10 easily. She was literally up there with Katy & Gaga. 

It’s true her monumental died down but she was still scoring moderate hits up until Rainbow. 

Maybe in America but Kesha was never on the level of Rih/Katy/Gaga post-Tik Tok globally

guys be serious... Kesha has never even attempted a tour as big as Future Nostalgia in the US :gaycat2:

the answer is obviously Dua Lipa: bigger global success, bigger tour, more acclaim and accolades.

no hate to miss Keesha though—I'm excited to see her on tour this fall (and I have seen her on tour before as well). Gag Order is a great album.

12 hours ago, Selegend said:

Well the answer is actually Kesha. :deadbanana: 

Her Ke$ha days hits had way more impact than Dua's hits. It was a way bigger moment.

With that said, Dua will easily surpass her in the near future. So this is in no way hate for any of them. 

but I don't get the poll stats lmao, the Kesha disrespect. The fact that she's no longer successful doesn't erase her successful years. 

In what world did Kesha had any impact?  :rip:

• Thumbs Down 3

AllAmericanBitch
12 hours ago, Selegend said:

Well the answer is actually Kesha. :deadbanana: 

kesha at her peak was in the shadow of rihanna, gaga and katy

kesha never had a big let alone a decent grossing tour like FN

kesha never had high profile contracts like YSL

kesha never won grammys like dua

the comparison is dumb. kesha had a cute and fun run but lets be honest, she was a singles artist like taio cruz or  jason derulo

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

She was a singles artist like taio cruz or  jason derulo

She has more top 10 hits than both of them combined you’re downplaying her

AllAmericanBitch
1 minute ago, keshasfillers said:

She has more top 10 hits than both of them combined you’re downplaying her

and yet jason's streaming numbers >>>>>>> hers

• Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

and yet jason's streaming numbers >>>>>>> hers

Not true + Kesha’s sales >>> his

Edited by keshasfillers

6 hours ago, AllAmericanBitch said:

kesha at her peak was in the shadow of rihanna, gaga and katy

kesha never had a big let alone a decent grossing tour like FN

kesha never had high profile contracts like YSL

kesha never won grammys like dua

the comparison is dumb. kesha had a cute and fun run but lets be honest, she was a singles artist like taio cruz or  jason derulo

kesha debuted at #1 on the hot 100 and the UWC (at that time) with 'we r who we r" for example. 

no controversy, no tiktok viral.. just the fact that people loved her sound and were excited to see what she was going to release after 'Animal'. 

and about tour, the reality post-covid is very different from pre-covid everybody knows that. But still,

All of what u said is true! but all of Dua hits alwaysss needs time to grow... she doesn't have the organic interest Ke$ha had in her during 2009-2013 

Idk if u read my whole post, but i said that Dua will easily surpass her since she keeps getting bigger! But i don't think she did just yet 

Organic interest matters. Dua is growing hers, she doesn't have yet. And that's fine, look everything she's accomplished. 

6 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

i think what i said above applies here too.

quoting @AllAmericanBitch very different from being in the shadow -- in a world with rihanna, gaga, katy she's had enough impact to debut #1 with singles. the "dirty vibe$" was all hers. 

everybody knows Kesha is no longer successful, but i don't see why people like eerasing successful years from a artist history. :deadbanana:

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

1. Cannibal and Backstabber, a promo single and an album track from 2010, both went viral on TikTok out of nowhere for many months each and partially re-charted between 2020-2022 and gained approximately 300 million combined Spotify streams because of it.

2. Lots of Ke$ha-related tweets went viral recently which shows that Kesha has nostalgia appeal:

Spoiler

3. Certain tracks on Olivia Rodrigo's new album and generally her vocal style/attitude on the record are very reminiscent of Kesha's dollar sign era.

4. :cm:

There was little room to question Kesha’s impact on music with ‘TiK ToK’ because while it was smashing the charts, so were many of her other songs from Animal. ‘Blah Blah Blah’ with 3OH!3 was in the top 10 of Billboard’s Hot Shot Debut while ‘Your Love Is My Drug’ and ‘Take It Off’ entered the chart at Number 27 and 85 respectively. 

Many were quick to misunderstand who she really was. With glitter eyes and lips, messy hair, and a IDGAF attitude Kesha mesmerised the masses and became a leading force in pop music. She was accompanied on the charts with iconic songs like Lady Gaga’s ‘Bad Romance’, Owl City’s ‘Fireflies’, and Iyaz’s ‘Replay’. You’re lying to yourself if you say you don’t immediately want to dance when you hear a Kesha song. I’m certain that if she released any of those songs today they would still have the same impact as they did back in early 2010.

Spoiler

Edited by TomTom
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

AllAmericanBitch
21 minutes ago, TomTom said:

1. Cannibal and Backstabber, a promo single and an album track from 2010, both went viral on TikTok out of nowhere for many months each and partially re-charted between 2020-2022 and gained approximately 300 million combined Spotify streams because of it.

2. Lots of Ke$ha-related tweets went viral recently which shows that Kesha has nostalgia appeal:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

you just proved she's a one era wonder :gayalipacat3:

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, AllAmericanBitch said:

you just proved she's a one era wonder :gayalipacat3:

You just proved that you start deflecting to a completely different question that was not addressed as soon as you see an answer you can't rebut.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

Reveal hidden contents

3. Certain tracks on Olivia Rodrigo's new album and generally her vocal style/attitude on the record are very reminiscent of Kesha's dollar sign era.

4. :cm:

Reveal hidden contents

A couple of tweets and semi viral songs isnt the flex you think but okay :ace:

That's not what a legacy and impact is :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

A couple of tweets and semi viral songs isnt the flex you think but okay :ace:

That's not what a legacy and impact is :rip:

to you your opinion GIF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.