Should Katy Perry push Harleys In Hawaii again, and how?

AndThenTheCocaine

Recently, Harleys In Hawaii has gone viral yet again, showing the immense sway the song has over TikTok users.

Should Katy's team strike when the iron's hot and give the track another push? And if yes, what tactics should the label employ? Bear in mind the song already has an MV, a visualizer and a few official remixes, and also multiple versions (single and album version).

https://spotify.link/ThUDYgEEnDb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SalvoPK

• Tistotal

• Digitalism

• AndThenTheCocaine

katy pushing HIH would make people not want to listen tbh 

she needs to wait until tik tok makes a hit remix and just release that to radio 

• Like 2

She didn’t care the 3 previous times it went viral so she won’t care now either

Get Ice Spice to hop on a remix:

Stop playin' with 'em, Katy (Grrah)

Body shaped just like a piña colada (like..?)

I get the boys harder, shaking ass like a volcano, no lava

Ordered a pineapple pizza for starter

Ridin' that dick like a Harley, I'm smarter

You ride it like a Yamaha-ha, movin' my body like doin' the hula

You and I my papi chulo

(Katy: youuuuu and eyeyeyeyeyeyeeyeye)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

No, it would not work, and it would look desperate. Stuff like this works for Katy when she does not get involved, because when she does get involved, it reminds everyone of just how uncool she is. My fear would be her involvement would result in her encouraging people to vote for Republicans again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sannie said:

No, it would not work, and it would look desperate. Stuff like this works for Katy when she does not get involved, because when she does get involved, it reminds everyone of just how uncool she is. My fear would be her involvement would result in her encouraging people to vote for Republicans again.

48 minutes ago, gardendreams said:

katy pushing HIH would make people not want to listen tbh 

she needs to wait until tik tok makes a hit remix and just release that to radio 

This is so not true

Do you really think the GP and non-stans would care if Katy got involved and pushed it or not? They wouldn't even know she was pushing it

• Like 1

Perform the song on Good Morning America and other live shows

3 hours ago, burninredhot said:

Put it on some playlists and send it to radio 

Quite literally it

Tbh she should’ve rereleased roulette in 2020 or 2021. 

It would be cool if this song became a later hit though. Always liked this one

No. I like how the song found it’s way to the ppl and every now and then gets popular.

it will soon have 500 M spotify streams ! 

It depends on how close are we from album release. If it is soon she should to create hype

Well it has already gone viral twice before this and she didn’t do anything, so don’t expect anything this time either. She just doesn’t care anymore. 

even when it was released for the first time, she released it ON A WEDNESDAY :rip: with no radio adds and a TTH placement of 13 or something which dipped as days went by. The only “promo” she ever did for this song was the usual music video, vertical video, the smile video series animation video during album release week and some random bathroom performance, that’s it. It’s a good thing people love it and are actively seeking it because of that, but don’t expect her to do anything about it. 

but if she did care, she didn’t have to do much. Most of the hits nowadays only need a high placement on TTH and radio payola, and since people’s consensus on this song has been pretty good, it wouldn’t take long to catch on. But all of this is IF she cares, which she doesn’t. 

• Like 1

Nah, if it doesn't go super viral there is no point. It's getting like 500k and this is not enough for them to do something. If it doesn't do over a million or between 1.5M - 2M, it's pointless. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.