Is my roommate not so straight after all?

JohnWayneHolland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnWayneHolland

• The Man Who

• Miracle

• flower moon

4 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

he was listening to Cher,

Thats all i needed to read :rip:

You're not wrong. 

6 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

And it's so funny to me because when something gay is brought up he always acts like he's super straight, for example one of my friends (let's call him "d", who is also straight ) kissed another guy at the club just because he was feeling like it :thing: so "d" was like "what would you do If I kissed you too?" (He said this to my "straight" roommate, let's call him "b") And b was like "I would punch you right in the face" :thing: and in my head I'm like "girl, you listen to all these pop girls, I don't think you would dislike it that much" :giraffe:

LMAO imagine doing all that just to go home and belt Believe in the shower :rip: That lack of self awareness screams straight man to me :coffee2:

JohnWayneHolland
7 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

So how do you look shirtless?

Not to suck my own **** but I look good, i go to the gym so I'm a bit muscular :gaycat1:

5 hours ago, kexin said:

and if they ask for a third?

2116164322__thumbEnjL7eIXcAsv_LIformatjp

Then I volunteer as a tribute

2116164322__thumbEnjL7eIXcAsv_LIformatjp

5 hours ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Thats all i needed to read :rip:

You're not wrong. 

Right? It's just too suspicious, I've never heard of a straight man who listens to Cher :thing:

2 hours ago, SecretSecret said:

LMAO imagine doing all that just to go home and belt Believe in the shower :rip: That lack of self awareness screams straight man to me :coffee2:

He could be bi and just in denial or something :gaycat1:I'll pay attention to see if he plays a Madonna deep cut or something.

Okay, I've had roommates both as friends and as life partners, so I'm going to give you some quasi-unsolicited life advice from my personal experiences: 

1. Never, ever mix sex with bills. What if your roommate turns on you and doesn't pay his bills out of rebellion? Both of your names are on the lease, so, you would be responsible for the rent if your roommate doesn't pick up the tab. 

2. Never, ever mix friendships with living. Reserve this for your S/O and only if you guys have dated for a bit. When you live with someone, it is a whole new world. They know how you live day in and day out. You uncover people's insecurities, bad habits, idiosyncrasies, and their weaknesses. If you still can live with your S/O in spite of this, fantastic! But turning a roommate into a potential hookup or romance, that is a big no-no. 

3. This man could be straight. Maybe he's not. Yes, he looked at you showering, but sometimes we like to window shop without touching. If you initiated a sexual encounter and that backfired, you have to live and see this person basically ALL the time. 

My advice? 

Move on and hookup with people not responsible for your rent or property. 

Also, you just said this guy has a girlfriend. With all the single gay men in the world, let's not be home-wreckers. 

Edited by zasderfght
  • Like 2

He is just listening to pop music

Cher is the only exception I guess, since she is an oldie..but maybe they were accidentally there (or just classics)

there are heteros who aren't really focused on music and listen to whatever

(they don't bother searching and discovering songs)

18 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

So I have a roommate, and according to him he's straight, I know I shouldn't speculate about other people's sexual orientation and I know the music that you listen to isn't an indicator about what you like, but he literally listens to A LOT of pop girls, yesterday while he was showering he was listening to Cher, Sia, Ariana and Rihanna, other times I've "catched" him listening to Gaga, Adele, among others.

Also I've catched him staring at me while I'm shirtless around the house :gaycat1:could it be that he isn't as straight as he says he is? He has a girlfriend currently tho :giraffe: what do you think girls?

Girl why not ask him???

JohnWayneHolland
4 hours ago, zasderfght said:

Okay, I've had roommates both as friends and as life partners, so I'm going to give you some quasi-unsolicited life advice from my personal experiences: 

1. Never, ever mix sex with bills. What if your roommate turns on you and doesn't pay his bills out of rebellion? Both of your names are on the lease, so, you would be responsible for the rent if your roommate doesn't pick up the tab. 

2. Never, ever mix friendships with living. Reserve this for your S/O and only if you guys have dated for a bit. When you live with someone, it is a whole new world. They know how you live day in and day out. You uncover people's insecurities, bad habits, idiosyncrasies, and their weaknesses. If you still can live with your S/O in spite of this, fantastic! But turning a roommate into a potential hookup or romance, that is a big no-no. 

3. This man could be straight. Maybe he's not. Yes, he looked at you showering, but sometimes we like to window shop without touching. If you initiated a sexual encounter and that backfired, you have to live and see this person basically ALL the time. 

My advice? 

Move on and hookup with people not responsible for your rent or property. 

Also, you just said this guy has a girlfriend. With all the single gay men in the world, let's not be home-wreckers. 

I'm not hooking up with him, It's just that I find it weird that he says he's straight when he mainly listens to pop girls, I respect his relationship, I would never try to do anything even if I knew for a fact that he's gay/bi, but thanks for the advice, it may be helpful in the future :gaycat1:

JohnWayneHolland
53 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Girl why not ask him???

I didn't ask him but a friend did and he said that he's straight :giraffe:

JohnWayneHolland

His playlist today included:

Dua Lipa

Meghan Trainor

Avril Lavigne

Katy Perry

Usher (:bibliahh:)

Girl. Stay away from straight roommates. Just two weeks ago this guy beat me cause I put my head on his shoulder and his insecure girlfriend thought he was bi. In the end the girlfriend had to defend me from him. Stay away from straight guys, but especially if they are room mates. You don't want to be scared of the person you live with.

I'm sure there's many hot guys out there on Grindr! :)

4 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

His playlist today included:

Dua Lipa

Meghan Trainor

Avril Lavigne

Katy Perry

Usher (:bibliahh:)

Okay he's at least not homophobic. Then take my advice lightly but still don't think they are gonna be nice. Straight men are evil. 

JohnWayneHolland
11 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Girl. Stay away from straight roommates. Just two weeks ago this guy beat me cause I put my head on his shoulder and his insecure girlfriend thought he was bi. In the end the girlfriend had to defend me from him. Stay away from straight guys, but especially if they are room mates. You don't want to be scared of the person you live with.

I'm sure there's many hot guys out there on Grindr! :)

Damn, sorry to hear that :dancehall: my roommate would definitely be the type to beat another guy for flirting with him, that's why I haven't tried anything (and also because he has a girlfriend)

JohnWayneHolland
12 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Okay he's at least not homophobic. Then take my advice lightly but still don't think they are gonna be nice. Straight men are evil. 

I don't know if he's homophobic or not but I'll still be careful, you never know with straight men 

JohnWayneHolland
12 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

He's def on atrl

He saw me getting obliterated for my Usher comment and decided to play one of his songs :dies:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I'm not hooking up with him, It's just that I find it weird that he says he's straight when he mainly listens to pop girls, I respect his relationship, I would never try to do anything even if I knew for a fact that he's gay/bi, but thanks for the advice, it may be helpful in the future :gaycat1:

Oh, gotcha. Well, just keep it at a friendship, like you're doing. Don't be flirty. I also wouldn't pry. Remember, this is someone responsible for their portion of the rent and the lease agreement. Go buck wild once he's not your roommate anymore, but keep things very G/PG-rated. 

• Like 1

JohnWayneHolland
40 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Oh, gotcha. Well, just keep it at a friendship, like you're doing. Don't be flirty. I also wouldn't pry. Remember, this is someone responsible for their portion of the rent and the lease agreement. Go buck wild once he's not your roommate anymore, but keep things very G/PG-rated. 

I will, thank you :hug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.