Bongos debuts higher than Last Time I Saw You on the Hot 100. Surprised?

DTF

Surprised?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Surprise

• Yes I am surprised
    • No I am not surprised
    • Abstain

Cardi and Meg's Bongos didn't manage to debut lower than Nicki's solo release "Last Time I Saw You" 

Last Time I Saw You: #23

Bongos: #14

Are you surprised? What factors would change your surprise? How did Cardi manage to bag another top 20 hit effortlessly, which is difficult to get, not everybody has that to their credit?

No? Meghan’s big return after her hiatus + legal drama + collab with Cardi should definitely chart higher

• Like 1

One had a $2M dollar music video, a radio interview spree and a award show performance in the release week and the other previewed a snippet on tiktok and went N/A ijbol

5 minutes ago, DTF said:

How did Cardi manage to bag another top 20 hit effortlessly

She lost 2 mil and her last chance at at comeback :rip: i wouldn't have called it effortlessly 

• Haha 2

Bongos got a much bigger push, so I'm not surprised.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Jacobs said:

She lost 2 mil and her last chance at at comeback :rip: i wouldn't have called it effortlessly 

Lol why would you ever think any artist, esspecially a major label artist like Cardi, has a “last chance” to comeback? 

1 minute ago, Jaay said:

Lol why would you ever think any artist, esspecially a major label artist like Cardi, has a “last chance” to comeback? 

Pop History taught us. People won't check up on you after a few misses. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Pop History taught us. People won't check up on you after a few misses. 

You gotta go read your history books again, check the Mariah section specifically.

2 minutes ago, Jaay said:

You gotta go read your history books again, check the Mariah section specifically.

Are you seriously comparing Mariah to Cardi? :rip:

I can confidently say, Cardi won't serve a we belong together :coffee2:

Just now, Johnny Jacobs said:

Are you seriously comparing Mariah to Cardi? :rip:

I can confidently say, Cardi won't serve a we belong together :coffee2:

You said people don’t smash after a few flops, I gave an example of one, and could give others.. It’s okay to be wrong, and that’s it.

Just now, Jaay said:

You said people don’t smash after a few flops, I gave an example of one, and could give others.. It’s okay to be wrong, and that’s it.

I meant new artists. Mariah wasnt a one hit wonder. She had mega successful eras before her under performance. 

real housewives nene GIF by RealityTVGIFs

• Haha 1

Yeah, not really. I don't care too much to be honest.

No, Nicki’s already had 2 top multi-week top 10 hits this year. She can afford a flop. The other ladies have not been inside the top 10 this year yet.

Good try at taking my original topic and turning it around though, it’s not going to work.

Edited by Black Jesus
  • Haha 1

No. One had a 2M music video, raunchy lyrics, ghostwriters, ****** swiped CD’s, and the FEDS called in order to pull those #s

and the other didn’t have any of those things.

Talent lost 

One being a solo ballad without any mv. Let's compare duets. Princess diana or Barbie world?

3 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

Girl..

:deadbanana2:

Edited by NEUTRON

3 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

One had a $2M dollar music video, a radio interview spree and a award show performance in the release week and the other previewed a snippet on tiktok and went N/A ijbol

Bingo!!

This thread is setting itself up for failure. 

ririfan21laughing.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.