Worldwide Pop Queens as Good as the American-British-Anglo Ones?

AvadaKedavra

I feel like all the Main Jpop-Japanese Pop Divas and some Kpop Divas like Boa (All of them near retirement) were as grand-interesting as the Anglo Ones (US/UK/AUS/CAN...)

Diverse concepts for their albums. Touching All types of genres. Electronic/R&B/World Music/Rock/Dancepop/Acoustic
Huge and expensive Videographies. Captivating Smart Lyricism. The Concerts Tours very big with great productions
Singers like Ayumi Hamasaki-Utada Hikaru-Namie Amuro-Koda Kumi-Boa and more... are Iconic
Japan is one of the top 5 largest markets in the music world. Korea too
They had the budget to invest in some really strong solo singers

jpop_fb.png5539.jpg9ef0bcc09dca46efd3cda14ea43f7db3_xl.jpg

In Europe i feel like the French singer Mylene Farmer stands out among so many generic european pop singers with a lack of substance

Remarkable poetic songwriting-Dark af-Glamorous-Some really Expensive breathtaking videos-Her Tours are also pretty impressive and look fancy
She really feels....how you imagine a Popstar from the "edgy" "highly cultural" Europe to be.  Deep

Here in Latinoamerica stars like Thalia-Paulina-Belinda....in their creative peak had some really enchanting concepts-videos-tours and diverse albums. They feel a little bit manufactured sometimes but they also had some interesting personas to be fair.

Of course no one here in the spanish world comes close to Shakira.
As y'll now she had something very very unique and authentic goin on with her
She showed it to the world and she shines as bright today as the American Divas with their own biomes-worlds-niches
Stream el jefe :eli:

Now its your turn :giraffe:POST YOURS.
It can be  a Pop Queen or Pop King

As many know, American and Anglo divas have very unique vibes and colors. They are incredibly interesting to follow, a product of their creativity but also the great support of being born in the world's largest creative industry.:celestial4:

Do you know of singers worldwide of this type?
Pop queens-princess-kings from different countries?
Who feel as interesting as the Mainstream Anglo divas-popboys?

Singers who, if they had a successful crossover in the past or today, would bring a lot of magic to the entire planet?
Does your country-region, so to speak, have its own Madonna-Adele-Shakira-Beyonce-Michael Jackson?
or some special type of singer with talents above everyone else but very unrecognized-unknown by the planet:gaycat2:

Exceptional-earth-1120x630.jpg

We know the Olympic Gods of anglo music.:gayriahcat2:
What about the Olympic gods of all the different languages-regions?
Chinese-Dutch-Hindi-Arabic-Portuguse-Romanian-Pinoy-Swedish-African-Nigerian........

Edited by AvadaKedavra

The problem is that a lot of them were borrowing from artists who were already popular at the time of their peaks 

take BoA and Britney for example, even though BoA is an absolutely incredible dancer performer and has such a beautiful unique vocal tone that I love so much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyanide said:

The problem is that a lot of them were borrowing from artists who were already popular at the time of their peaks 

take BoA and Britney for example, even though BoA is an absolutely incredible dancer performer and has such a beautiful unique vocal tone that I love so much 

Yeah even when artists try to escape. America has such a strong influence all over the planet. Everything is invented in the States first. Money and Tech talks lol
When Gaga released the Fame. Everyone worldwide tried to have their EDM moment and serve gaga for a moment. Did some research into it. 
International labels want to create their successful superstars but with the folklore of their country.
Havin the America's mold is easier for them i guess??? so, thats why they copy so much?

Singers like Ayumi-Utada-Namie-Jolin Tsai been influenced by madonna-janet-britney-rockbands-r&b acts but i think their discographies stand by themselves
Their vibes are very specific of them. They been able to blend that inspiration and make it work somehow with their own flavor. 
They also have so many songs in their discography and videos influenced by their native cultures. So many american acts cant copy-imitate that. 

I agree about Boa. Her first teen albums are very Britney esque. I think with the pass of time she created her own road-path.
She's a dancer but with her own themes and style now.  My favorite Boa is older Boa. 

Thank you all for your comments.
love all the artists-stars you are all posting:heart:
So many Undiscovered Gems all over the planet.
Listening new dope artists.... feels like opening a buried treasure chest:gaycat2:

1000_F_559566206_UduW4c224j1oVXk4rGfP9IsF9MRiZ0lP.jpg

Keep em coming :gayrrycat1:

Namie Amuro is pretty consistently referred to as the Queen of JPop and the Janet/Madonna of Japan because of her constant reinvention, comebacks, and having the highest quality discography of the JPop girls (especially in the 90s-00s). She's retired now, but her discography and videography are that of legends. Her story is fascinating as well (her mother was brutally murdered at the height of her success and the label forced her to continue promoting like nothing happened). 

Due to her career longevity, resilience, professionalism, efforts behind-the-scenes in the music industry, and her way of life, she is considered a pop culture icon in Japan and Asia. She has been referred to as "Diva of Heisei Era" and the "Queen of Japanese Pop", and has been recognized as having the influence and career impact domestically equivalent to artists such as Janet Jackson and Madonna in Western music and pop culture.

Having sold more than 40 million records, Amuro is recognized as one of the best-selling artists in Japan by Oricon. Since her solo debut, she achieved top 10 singles for 23 consecutive years (#1 for solo artist). All of her albums are certified Platinum, and her debut solo album, Sweet 19 Blues, was the best selling album in Japan. She is the only artist in Japan to sell a million albums in her teens, 20s, 30s and 40s. Her last album, Finally, topped the year-end album charts of both Oricon and Billboard Japan for two consecutive years (the first and only artist in the Japanese Music Industry to do so). 

Utada may be slaying with her newfound quality, but Namie will forever be the influential Queen of J-Pop with the overall greatest discography. She continues to hold the record for the best-selling single by a solo female artist.

Albums I recommend:

R-1172981-1410627813-1511.jpeg.jpgConcentration_20.pngStyle_(Namie_Amuro_album)_cover_art.jpgLoveEnhancedSingleCollectionNamieAmuro.jpgGenius_2000.pngPlay-dvdcd.jpg

some of my favorite songs and/or vids (only clips on youtube):

eating up the Tokyo Dome:

serving vocals singing the best-selling female song ever in Japan:

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Helene Fischer /s

She's the queen of Germany right?  I always been curious about her. Germany is such a powerful country. Their biggest Pop girl must be really interesting
She's gorgeous :heart: In the past i thought Sarah Connor was the biggest german popgirl but then i saw the numbers and looks like Helene Fishcher is huge there
Is she also huge in Switzerland?Austria?

640px-Helene-Fischer-Schleyerhalle.jpg

27 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Namie Amuro is pretty consistently referred to as the Queen of JPop and the Janet/Madonna of Japan because of her constant reinvention, comebacks, and having the highest quality discography of the JPop girls (especially in the 90s-00s). She's retired now, but her discography and videography are that of legends. Her story is fascinating as well (her mother was brutally murdered at the height of her success and the label forced her to continue promoting like nothing happened). 

Albums I recommend:

R-1172981-1410627813-1511.jpeg.jpgConcentration_20.pngStyle_(Namie_Amuro_album)_cover_art.jpgLoveEnhancedSingleCollectionNamieAmuro.jpgGenius_2000.png

Sorry for not posting Namie in the OP. Shes so iconic. She arrived first than Ayumi and Utada. So she has that honorific mention

I cant deal with the fact of how she just dissapeared from the music landscape to never be found.....................is so painful. Namie comeback :emofish:

Do you know anything about her? Where's she's livin? Is her retirement forever? Do we have any new candids from her?

Im not Italian but i think Laura Pausini is an impressive artist and deserves to be in this thread.   
Here in Latinoamerica her songs were everywhere :giraffe:
Her videos and tours look real interesting and with a good budget.  She also tried to crossover to the States

Do italians have respect for her? there's somene better than Laura in Italy?

Jelena Karleuša :gaylorcat1: the Balkan Lady Gaga and female Kanye West

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pendulum said:

Jelena Karleuša :gaylorcat1: the Balkan Lady Gaga and female Kanye West

Wait this is a banger. Im bopping. She's really serving Gaga with a different luster. What language is this lmfao? 
Jelena also feels like an iconic stage name
Thanks for the suggestions dahling and thanks everyone.
We are traveling around the world with this thread :gaycat: 
Looks like the phenomenon of how the singers from the "90s-2000s-2010s" feel larger and stronger than the newcomers from today is also happenin worldwide

356232570_928134564943928_24737762807191

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are all my african sisters? Do we have any powerful singer from Africa? Would like to know about them :khaylan2:
post the african beyonce-rihanna here darlings

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.