What’s Beyoncé’s signature songwriting?

DTF

Every single songwriter conveys their identifiable idiosyncrasies through their lyrics. SZA is known for writing moody, sensual, and highly emotional songs. Carly Rae Jepsen writes music about the rush of falling in love. Taylor Swift’s lyrics are easily identifiable as hers for their storytelling and confessional tone. Mariah’s vocabulary shines in her pen game. Nicki’s lyrics are heavy on puns and word play that would sound unnatural coming from anyone else. 

How would you describe Beyoncé’s signature songwriting? How can you tell by a song’s lyrics that Beyoncé is the songwriter if you didn’t know it was her?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anti-Hero

• Anvarie

• liam13

• Pop_Data

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SwiftLover said:

Did she write Dangerously in Love (song)? 

she snapped there :bird:

she did! at 17 years old. one of her best :gaycat2:

• Like 1

I would say the difficulties of a romantic relationship as she recently went viral for it. :bird:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, DTF said:

Every single songwriter conveys their identifiable idiosyncrasies through their lyrics. SZA is known for writing moody, sensual, and highly emotional songs. Carly Rae Jepsen writes music about the rush of falling in love. Taylor Swift’s lyrics are easily identifiable as hers for their storytelling and confessional tone. Mariah’s vocabulary shines in her pen game. Nicki’s lyrics are heavy on puns and word play that would sound unnatural coming from anyone else. 

How would you describe Beyoncé’s signature songwriting? How can you tell by a song’s lyrics that Beyoncé is the songwriter if you didn’t know it was her?

These aren't unique or exclusive to these artist.

• Thanks 7

while this thread is trying to be an attempt at dragging her, beyonce has melodical flourishes in her songs that you immediately can clock as her style. but y'all don't really care for a real answer so i won't waste my time going into detail.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Although she doesn't dance anymore and lips, mix prerecorded vocals, she has a good singing technique.

• Like 1

She actually DOES have a signature songwriting style, even if she hasn't written much since her debut album.

Her style is very rapid-fire, with twice as many syllables as most songs written for that particular time signature, with mostly assonant rhymes (only vowels rhyme). She employs mostly comparisons and metaphors as rhetorical devices.

As regards subject matter, she mostly writes about her personal experiences and conveys a sense of confidence and strength in most of her material.

Edited by NausAllien
  • Like 10

They way she puts her name across the dotted line is exquisite.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Although she doesn't dance anymore and lips, mix prerecorded vocals, she has a good singing technique.

calculating-puzzled.gif

42 minutes ago, yonsé said:

while this thread is trying to be an attempt at dragging her, beyonce has melodical flourishes in her songs that you immediately can clock as her style. but y'all don't really care for a real answer so i won't waste my time going into detail.

to these people the concept of songwriting starts and end with putting thesaurus words together :coffee2:

44 minutes ago, Kimbra said:

These aren't unique or exclusive to these artist.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liam13 said:

i think her tone is strong and easy to ears :chick1:

I would say the opposite

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nostalgic said:

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

He's sooooo sexy I love him. This is the only thing I will entertain in this delusional thread.

• Thanks 1

Her signature song writing utilizes COMPLEX RHYTHMs and TEMPOS. She loves using repetitions to show case her vocal productions. U know some girls can barely tape their fingers on beat, let alone sing on key while trying to ride the ever changing tempos within those complex rhythms 

Edited by Kh-Loud

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.