Has Drake reached his commercial peak?

GiftFromGod

Has Drake reached his commercial peak?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Drake reached his commercial peak?

• Yes
    • No

He's still the biggest artist of the streaming era. 

His songs and albums still debut high and have amazing longevity.

But has he reached his commercial peak?

Feels like it. 

His peak in quality was “Take Care” and his peak among the GP was “Views” 

• Like 9

well he's 36 now so :rip:.  

but I do think more people are realizing/more open to talking about his decline in quality

scorpion/2018 drake is really hard to surpass. though i don't think he's tried as hard to make gp friendly music

I wish it weren’t true, but drizzy hasn’t given us a bop in years and I hate that for the culture.

Commercial peak was 2016-2018. Both Views and Scorpion were massive

He's been declining since 

• Like 2

He’s pretty much done for. I think something will come out about him soon and he’ll be canceled officially once and for all. 

• Haha 1

Artistic peak: Take Care & NWTS

Commercial peak: 2015-2019

2020-current: hes a household name, putting on younger artists, and doing whatever he wants now

His music has been ass for years. At least Taylor still has somewhat an ear for catchy songs. Drake has lost all sense.

He used to be seen as the male Taylor but with his recent output he’ll also fall below her in streaming. The music just ain’t holding up. 

Easily. His current lead single with SZA, an artist who is absolutely smashing right now, is only expecting to do like 260 points. If he would’ve dropped at the same time as Vampire, 7, RMNOR, TTIAST, or whenever last night and fast car were dominating he would’ve gotten blocked by at least 40 points.

no one outside of the hip hop community is really checking for him. 

• Like 2

Pretty much. He hasn't been artistically interesting in a long time and I don't think his phoned-in rap holds as much weight as it used to commercially. 

He tried to shake it up with Honestly Nevermind but the music wasn't good. 

Edited by Obsession

I think the decline in quality has a lot to do with it. If he releases a truly great body of work again, he'd repeak

• Like 2

I know in the US he's still huge, but globally I think he peaked in 2016-2018. At least his last real global hit was In My Feelings.

Yeah. He will gradually decline. It already feels like he ain’t making as much noise

He hasn’t released a listenable album since Views and hasn’t released a true bop since In My Feelings. 

If he can’t release quality, yes, he’s done.

He'll never top that 2018 run, but his decline has been pretty gradual.

He still has a chance at capturing the zeitgeist (a la One Dance, Nice for What) if he just comes up with better singles.

Edited by Virgos Groove

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.