should Ticketmaster remove the Verified Fan method?

joanabt

Ticketmaster has been the topic of conversation these last two years with their handling of tours with a big demand and how they have opted for the Verified Fan method, which actual verified fans seem to hate. At the end, it seems to be completely random and not even getting the chance of buying tickets can be unfair. Today codes were sent out for Olivia Rodrigo's GUTS world tour and almost my whole tl was waitlisted.

Should ticketmaster just remove this feature and continue selling tickets as they used to? Should they keep this method for really high demand tours? Should they be more transparent with its functioning? Or should it require actual "proof" of being a fan through streaming, buying, interaction with the celebrities on social media for like half the tickets?... I want to hear your thoughts.

Yes, they should have separate presale codes sent out to fans who made purchases on their artists website, or somehow link up streaming services for how often you listen to them. 

• Like 4

In what countries does Ticketmaster actually call it Verified Fan? Cause for both Taylor's and Olivia's tour Ticketmaster in the Netherlands just called it 'registering for the ticket sale' and they were pretty clear registering doesn't guarantee access. It just seemed like they tried to keep out bots, not verify in any way if you're actually a fan. I think it's stupid to call it Verified Fan if you won't really be verifying fans.. if we should want to verify fans, I don't know..

There has to be a better way...I'm not sure what that is, though.

It’s not the *worst* method ever, but calling it “Verified Fan” is laughably bad for optics and they should change the name immediately 

Verified Fan bullshit should only be used for a presale in which 30% of the tickets are on sale. Everyone else and the people who don't manage to get presale tickets can fight it out in the general sale.

You should also not be allowed to resell tickets except through Ticketmaster for exactly how much you paid. 

• Like 3

It's a scam plain and simple

• Like 1

it does look like they didn't refer to it as 'verified fan' for olivia's sale (probably bc of all the backlash).  still, even if they changed the name, the system stays the same, and it does not seem very efficient or actually put fans first and foremost as they sometimes claim

36 minutes ago, QueenB said:

Yes, they should have separate presale codes sent out to fans who made purchases on their artists website, or somehow link up streaming services for how often you listen to them

This would be awful for the average person that doesn’t spam certain artists 

Why can’t they get just better severs. Social media sites have like 500m ppl on it everyday with no crashing :redface:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, abelfenty said:

It basically rewards diehards

3 hours ago, abelfenty said:

But that’s the point. Those who do spam the artist should get first level entry. If I have over 20,000 daily streams for Beyonce I should be able to comfortably get a ticket.

11 hours ago, QueenB said:

Yes, they should have separate presale codes sent out to fans who made purchases on their artists website, or somehow link up streaming services for how often you listen to them. 

this, and its doable and they have the capacity to do that, it`s what Taylor did with the rep tour and the fans seem happy with it. I don`t know why they dont continue to do that.

the fans should have the advantage over the GP 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.