‘1989 (Taylor’s Version)’ sold over 1M pre-release units in the USA already.

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Squall

• Maroonx

• Steve Johnson

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

2M is very plausible now :jonny5:

It includes pre-release streams so they won’t count for BB. Let’s just count 800k+ for now (safest estimation).

I think 1.5M is on lock now but i wouldn't bet on 2M being a possibility. 

When you look at some of The Beatles’ records, you kinda think “wow no one in music will ever beat these records”.

Now it’s like that with Taylor :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

But will it drop like a rock second week? :gaycat:

Who cares.  It will still end up being the biggest MPG album from 2023 (unless GUTS pulls through in the long run) with a re-recorded album.  She is already winning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not surprised at white privilege repeaking with every taylor swift release. I would feel very ashamed if I were white watching this happening.

• Thumbs Down 14

1 minute ago, Taemira said:

I'm not surprised at white privilege repeaking with every taylor swift release. I would feel very ashamed if I were white watching this happening.

If only the other millions of white artists could succeed at this level off the back of white privilege alone. It’s almost like white privilege is just the absence of adversity, not the propeller behind success.

Taylor is where she is because she’s better at what she does than other white people who have the same levels of privilege that she does. Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13

33 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Others can't even debut at number 1. Who cares

4 minutes ago, Taemira said:

Oh, white privilege. Then why Sabrina carpenter is not smashing

4 minutes ago, Taemira said:

selling music is white privilege? was it white privilege too when MJ was the best selling artist in the late 70s, 80s and early 90s too? 

• Like 1

Just now, JawBreaker said:

Not even swifties have tracked that amount of preorders. Not believing this 

pre-release units not preorders alone

34 minutes ago, Taylena said:

pre-release units not preorders alone

but she only has released Wildest dreams and This Love. Those songs have too many units already?

49 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Considering 1989 (original) is still in the top 20 after nine years, the answer is most likely no 

3 minutes ago, Green said:

but she only has released Wildest dreams and This Love. Those songs have too many units already?

Those two songs already accumulated 623M streams from Spotify only. If half of that are US streams then yes that's 200k right there plus 800k from preorders to reach 1M units. 

22 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

If only the other millions of white artists could succeed at this level off the back of white privilege alone. It’s almost like white privilege is just the absence of adversity, not the propeller behind success.

Taylor is where she is because she’s better at what she does than other white people who have the same levels of privilege that she does. Get over it.

Ignore these sad things that fetishize segregation. It's quite disgusting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rence said:

Those don’t count towards the BB200 debut, right? :lakitu:

About 800k to 850k will, yes. Those are composed of preorders. A small amount won’t, as they are composed of pre-release units already moved by Wildest Dreams TV and This Love TV.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.