Pop girls that fumbled their bag?

Joyride

2 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

lorde evaporating her hype with solar BOMB is one for history

At least she doesn’t have to worry about  calls from the radio anymore :heart:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Britney getting injured and then pregnant with K Fed. After that her career has never been the same. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

Gwen Stefani disappearing after The Sweet Escape. The biggest pop what if imo

Fergie and Nelly too. The 2006 girlies fumbled so bad

• Like 6

Miley with the whole ESV era, can't think of a bigger fumble :deadbanana4:

also she could've been way bigger if she continued playing the game with another pop album after Bangerz instead of dropping a free psychedelic rock album

Edited by Pink Whitney
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

this exact same scenario for Fergie + Nelly

like they slayed the world and DIPPED then came back after half a decade or more expecting to serve the same smashery

I can see all 3 or at least 2 of them being major players to this day otherwise 

The way both Katy Perry and Lorde destroyed everything they have built for years with just a shitty release :skull:

The power of witness and solar power I Guess 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

The way both Katy Perry and Lorde destroyed everything they have built for years with just a shitty release :skull:

Only SP is awful. Katy just aged out of her appeal to kids and teens, with Taylor cornering that market. She had no strong fanbase to keep her afloat once radio and youth moved on. 

Gaga desperately trying to be artistic and cultured with ARTPOP, but failing to understand the difference between the Birth of Venus and the Venus de Milo - and the music being tragic. Not to mention the dry humping of a p*do on stage and claiming they are both misunderstood. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pink Whitney said:

Miley with the whole ESV era, can't think of a bigger fumble :deadbanana4:

also she could've been way bigger if she continued playing the game with another pop album after Bangerz instead of dropping a free psychedelic rock album

As an artist I respect Miley for doing Dead Petz, but from a strategic standpoint, it is crazy how she could’ve been riding off the back of one of the most successful pop albums eras of the 2010s had she just dropped another pop album instead :celestial5:

38 minutes ago, HANZ94 said:

I actually don’t think Witness is a bad album.

I think it was a culmination of many factors:

1. The promo for the era was full of cringe (bad dancing on SNL, that YouTube livestream, etc)

2. She destroyed the image that made her famous and opted for the soccer mom look

3. She had a very public feud with Taylor Swift that started during the 1989 era, which is probably not the era you want to be feuding with Taylor during

4. She simply waited too long after Prism to release a new album. Her fanbase had grown up by the time Witness came out

Just a series of bad mistakes :deadbanana2:

Edited by blackoutbaby

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Yes where Gwen fell off Rihanna took over in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, blackoutbaby said:

As an artist I respect Miley for doing Dead Petz, but from a strategic standpoint, it is crazy how she could’ve been riding off the back of one of the most successful pop albums eras of the 2010s had she just dropped another pop album instead :celestial5:

She literally scrapped Bangerz reloaded after her dog died in favor of Dead Petz :rip: its crazy how different her position would've been if she never made that decision although I am way more appreciative of Dead Petz than I was in 2015

Edited by Pink Whitney
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

Gaga desperately trying to be artistic and cultured with ARTPOP, but failing to understand the difference between the Birth of Venus and the Venus de Milo - and the music being tragic. Not to mention the dry humping of a p*do on stage and claiming they are both misunderstood. 

In another universe, ARTPOP was an album full of dance club bangers using samples and inspiration from prominent classical music pieces. 

Edited by Gladiator
  • Haha 2

Kelly Rowland. She should've gone all in on the dance sound when she was scoring hits and could've had a decent career in Europe

• Like 3

None people just fail sometimes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.