Would it be easy to just say "not interested anymore" instead of ghosting?

BrentB

"Not interested anymore" at least shows some sort of respect to the other person but it doesn't sweeten the pill so it doesn't really matter.

People don't owe you anything. I've been ghosted many times. I've ghosted many times. I'm not proud of ghosting people-- I do agree, to just be a considerable person and not waste anyone's time, be upfront with your feelings. Easier said than done-- I know. 

Also, understand if you were ghosted after a few weeks or months, it takes a while to build fruitful relationships. You cannot determine if you love someone after a short period of dating them, so learn not to take it personally. 

Also, see rejection as just not finding the right/appropriate fit. You might not be unattractive. You might be wonderful and spunky and funny. And there's still people, for whatever reason, who will just not date you. But same goes to that guy. He might not be the right fit for a guy he's pining over. 

Edited by zasderfght

I know ghosting is not the ideal option but some people get really offended when you tell them you're interested so I guess it'll depend on the person and the way you think it would react.

I'm in favor of actually telling them. A respectful "not interested" leaves no room for doubt. You also don't leave the door open for them to keep trying later down the line. Some guys just don't take the hint with ghosting. 

Thats said I think ghosting is fine for utter rudeness, creeps, etc. 

No. People don't often deal well with it and sometimes ghosting is just a thing to do. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.