Shakira set to perform in Saudi Arabia, 2.5M for 10min show

Yellowfever

3 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Shakira never released an album celebrating queer people and then proceeded to perform in Saudi Arabia for a check.

Ooop :redface:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• vuelve88

• Yellowfever

• Pop_Data

Just now, vuelve88 said:

I’m stating the origin of her name to help penetrate that part of your brain that fails to understand that Shakira is part Arab and performing in Arab country. 

You already stated that you “hate” Shakira for performing in Arab country, despite her being of Arab descent. 

Please post that comment where I "stated that I hate Shakira". :coffee2: Maybe you should work on penetrating your own brain first, sis. Because these flop attempts are not giving what you thought they were.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

Wtf is this??? What does being Arab have anything to do with performing in a country with extensive human rights abuses, regardless if the person has Arab roots or not???

Is Shakira not suppose to perform in countries where she has cultural roots FROM? Unlike Nicki, the other still has family in the Middle East. :dies:

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/life-style/entertainment/2018/07/13/Shakira-plants-two-cedar-trees-in-her-Lebanese-hometown-before-concert-

Nicki Minaj  = an island born Trinidadian with no Arab roots so therefore had no logical reasoning for being there at all besides financial gain for herself.

Shakira = an Arab woman because of her father. 

The data is easy to follow. 

1 minute ago, Pop_Data said:

Is Shakira not suppose to perform in countries where she has cultural roots FROM? Unlike Nicki, the other still has family in the Middle East. :dies:

https://english.alarabiya.net/amp/life-style/entertainment/2018/07/13/Shakira-plants-two-cedar-trees-in-her-Lebanese-hometown-before-concert-

Nicki Minaj  = an island born Trinidadian with no Arab roots so therefore had no logical reasoning for being there at all besides financial gain for herself.

Shakira = an Arab woman because of her father. 

The data is easy to follow. 

This is EMBARRASSING logic :ahh:

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I know it was clearly a joke, but isn’t her father from Lebanon? That would be a little like Lady Gaga saying she is performing in Moscow in honor of her Italian heritage.  

Yeah, I meant it as a joke. Can't believe someone seriously pulled that excuse after me :dies:

• Like 2

She’s doing it for the money - and in fact I don’t blame her, just can’t stand the hypocrisy in here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Please post that comment where I "stated that I hate Shakira". :coffee2: Maybe you should work on penetrating your own brain first, sis. Because these flop attempts are not giving what you thought they were.

You stated she was trash for performing in an Arab country. 

Again, you are weirdly projecting Beyoncé’s issues onto Shakira. Shakira has never released an album celebrating queer culture and then turned around and performed in Saudi Arabia for a check, like Beyoncé did. 

Shakira is performing there as an artist who is half Arab and who has incorporated Arab elements in her music for 20+ years. There is no hypocrisy in her action. 

Just now, vuelve88 said:

You stated she was trash for performing in an Arab country. 

Again, you are weirdly projecting Beyoncé’s issues onto Shakira. Shakira has never released an album celebrating queer culture and then turned around and performed in Saudi Arabia for a check, like Beyoncé did. 

Shakira is performing there as an artist who is half Arab and who has incorporated Arab elements in her music for 20+ years. There is no hypocrisy in her action. 

So I didn't state that I "hated" her? Thought not. Don't put words into other people's mouths.

You seem to really be struggling with what the issue is here, hence why you keep trying to deflect and bring up insanely idiotic arguments in her defence. Shakira is performing in a country that is deeply homophobic and you're all celebrating that. It's hypocritical and it's embarrassing, because when a similar situation happened with Beyoncé this forum (rightfully) dragged her for it – myself included.

She's not the hypocrite. YOU are.

The fact that this even needs to be explained to you... :shakeno:

• Like 1

Beyoncé stans acting like they don’t continuously embrace and love Beyoncé’s concert in Dubai :rip: like they literally get wet when she performs the “Dubai version” of drunk in love at her concerts. The hypocrisy :dies:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Lovett said:

So I didn't state that I "hated" her? Thought not. Don't put words into other people's mouths.

You seem to really be struggling with what the issue is here, hence why you keep trying to deflect and bring up insanely idiotic arguments in her defence. Shakira is performing in a country that is deeply homophobic and you're all celebrating that. It's hypocritical and it's embarrassing, because when a similar situation happened with Beyoncé this forum (rightfully) dragged her for it – myself included.

She's not the hypocrite. YOU are.

The fact that this even needs to be explained to you... :shakeno:

Nah, you’re the only hypocrite for still sporting a Beyoncé avi while wanting people to trash Shakira.  If Shakira is “trash” for performing in Dubai, by your logic Beyoncé is too, yet you still stan her. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellowfever said:

Beyoncé stans acting like they don’t continuously embrace and love Beyoncé’s concert in Dubai :rip: like they literally get wet when she performs the “Dubai version” of drunk in love at her concerts. The hypocrisy :dies:

The way you just keep lying, because you can't actually formulate a valid argument. :rip: Find a single post of me embracing her Dubai concert. Because I can sure as sh*t find you tonnes of me dragging her for it.

On 12/25/2022 at 8:37 AM, Lovett said:

I'm genuinely ashamed of her right now. Disgusting behaviour.

:coffee2: The only one being a hypocrite here is you.

Just now, vuelve88 said:

Nah, you’re the only hypocrite for still sporting a Beyoncé avi while wanting people to trash Shakira.  If Shakira is “trash” for performing in Dubai, by your logic Beyoncé is too, yet you still stan her. 

Here comes another moronic argument. :skull: At what point did I state that anyone should stop stanning Shakira for this choice? I think Shakira is trash for a multitude of reasons, this is not the sole reason. I think Beyoncé's behaviour was trash and have dragged her for it.

Again, you are the one being hypocritical here. Hence why you can't actually defend it and are throwing out these useless arguments instead. The way you can't even formulate a single valid one is a kii though. :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

This is EMBARRASSING logic :ahh:

No, what is embarrassing is your attempt to justify the Nicki concert in Saudi Arabia by name dropping an actual Arab woman for doing the same. 

In fact Shakira's knife performance at the VMA's was literally a tribute to her Arabic roots. :ahh:

4 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Here comes another moronic argument. :skull: At what point did I state that anyone should stop stanning Shakira for this choice? I think Shakira is trash for a multitude of reasons, this is not the sole reason. I think Beyoncé's behaviour was trash and have dragged her for it.

Again, you are the one being hypocritical here. Hence why you can't actually defend it and are throwing out these useless arguments instead. The way you can't even formulate a single valid one is a kii though. :toofunny3:

I already stated Shakira’s reasons for performing in Saudi Arabia, as an artist with Arab roots and influences. Your inability to process that is on you, since you already demonstrated your moronic understanding of how Lebanon and Saudi Arab are both Arab countries. 

You continue project Beyoncé’s issues onto Shakira, since she was the one to create an album celebrating queer culture. 

Just now, vuelve88 said:

I already stated Shakira’s reasons for performing in Saudi Arabia, as an artist with Arab roots and influences. Your inability to process that is on you, since you already demonstrated your moronic understanding of how Lebanon and Saudi Arab are both Arab countries. 

You continue project Beyoncé’s issues onto Shakira, since she was the one to create an album celebrating queer culture. 

You stated your assumed reasons as to why she's performing and tried to play it off because her father is from a completely different Arab country as if that has any relevance. You've failed to disprove your hypocrisy and are only able to recycle arguments because you're more bothered about bootlicking your fave than holding her accountable for her trash behaviour.

Unsurprising.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lovett said:

You stated your assumed reasons as to why she's performing and tried to play it off because her father is from a completely different Arab country as if that has any relevance. You've failed to disprove your hypocrisy and are only able to recycle arguments because you're more bothered about bootlicking your fave than holding her accountable for her trash behaviour.

Unsurprising.

It does have relevance. Her music is known for having Arab influences. It’s like you failed geography and think Shakira can only perform in Lebanon to honor her heritage and not the other neighboring Arab countries in the Middle East. :ahh:

You’re truly a moron. 

spacer.png

Edited by vuelve88

2 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

Geez so much butt hurt :rip:

Some of us care about queer rights, shocking right? :rip:

1 minute ago, vuelve88 said:

It does have relevance. Her music is known for having Arab influences. It’s like you failed geography and think Shakira can only perform in Lebanon to honor her heritage and not the other neighboring Arab countries in the Middle East. :ahh:

You’re truly a moron. 

Recycling yet another failed argument and attacking me personally, all to defend your hypocritical bootlicking. Shocker. :coffee2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

You’re truly a moron. 

spacer.png

I've no dog in this fight but Iran is NOT an Arab country babes :deadbanana:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, magazine said:

just for a 2.5M check? :redface:

For a 10 minute performance sounds great.

2 minutes ago, KOMH said:

I've no dog in this fight but Iran is NOT an Arab country babes :deadbanana:

Oh, you’re definitely right. Iranians are Persians. :heart:

It’s just highlighted on that map for some reason. I just chose that pic to illustrate how close Lebanon is to Saudi Arabia for that Beyonce fan. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Some of us care about queer rights, shocking right?

Clearly not you when all this clownery you're serving here it's more about you getting angry for Beyoncé getting dragged and Shakira don't

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

Meanwhile, you were all screaming bloody murder when artists like Beyoncé performed at a hotel in Dubai.

54 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Did you miss me absolutely dragging the hell out of Beyoncé for performing in Dubai?

1 hour ago, Lovett said:

The reactions here, compared to the thread regarding Beyoncé performing in Dubai are disgusting. :shakeno:

At least try to be not that transparent next time  :clown:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.