Mowalola under fire for using Saudi Arabian flag for skirt design

SmittenCake

1239194.jpg

Mowalola Ogunlesi is a Nigerian-born fashion designer and singer working and living in London. She is known for working with a wide variety of textiles such as leather and PVC to produce non-traditional silhouettes inspired by Nigerian and London youth culture.

She's recently faced scrutiny and has apologized for using the Saudi Arabian flag on a design.

her response:

Even after being jaded at first, she has issued an apology but is still met with rampant racism from sports fan accounts and now her career could be in jeopardy. 

some online responses:

in the meantime, make sure to support her latest BRATZ doll line

Bratz12522.png?width=734&auto=webp&forma

gqCjZq4.gif

19 minutes ago, Revolution said:

It's not like Saudi Arabia respects other people. We can only reciprocate.

They're also fine with how China has Muslims held in prison camps. Actually, a few Gulf States are content with what's going on. No outrage for that, though. 

Outrage culture needs to die and so does apologizing for nothing.

Edited by Domination

As if anyone should care what Saudi Arabia the pinnacle of human rights thinks on disrespect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can’t tell if it’s the design that’s ugly or the concept behind it :eli: but the left side design is way worse :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller

I mean she knew exactly what she was doing because here we are talking about it and her when 20 minutes ago nobody knew who she was

Fashion Twitter was on her neck for this but they support every other collection that has Catholic imagery and motifs. It’s outrage culture at its finest lol. 

• Like 4

I’m sorry that that happened of happy the anti-Saudi brigade but … I’ve never heard of this woman but her name is U*N*I*Q*U*E (that’s what you are), and not in the Hollywood sense of giving babies trademark-able nonsense, it actually has a meaning :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.