Should Ariana release Fantasize?

Freakshowvato

She's on hiatus, but if this song was released (maybe even with updated vocals or production) with a music video it'd easily go #1.  It's been boiling on Tiktok for a long time now. And it's perfect response to haters who hate on her for having a sexuality and moving on after getting divorced. It has a Britney Spears/Mariah Carey flavor to it, it sounds like a classic

Yes. It's literally illegally charting in Spotify countries and getting radio play. Tbh she should've went balls out and released it during the drama and went full unapologetic homewrecker. Perpetual backlash from online twinks does not end a career whatsoever.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LustSpell said:

Yes. It's literally illegally charting in Spotify countries and getting radio play. Tbh she should've went balls out and released it during the drama and went full unapologetic homewrecker. Perpetual backlash from online twinks does not end a career whatsoever.

Nnnnnn this though. I mean If  they decide to release it they should do it now while the iron’s hot. Give it another month or so and it might be too late. But capitalize on it while you can, what’s the harm at this rate?

I have a feeling she's going to cruel summer it. Ignore the stans saying THIS WILL SMASH, then finally release it too late for it to smash to it's fullest potential.

I dislike the song, but yes

It's a big opportunity and I don't understand when some singers (in similar situations) don't go for it

(except if it has to do with producers and writers and etc)

I think the melodies on "Gloss" are better, but it's basically a mumble demo outside of the hook.

If Savan's movie never comes out, she SHOULD re-use some of these hooks in her own music. She is a good writer for pop music.

"From the bed, to the couch, to the bathroom, I got to, got to give it to him" 

and this bit from True Story:

"‘Cause I turn you on, I guess that was fun
No matter how you try (Try), try (Try), I run
You call when you need me, ‘cause, boy, you always need me
But you on some creep ****, you lost me completely"

are so good. :jonny6:

I know she hates the leaks but getting to see her actual process and that she's actually sitting in the studio and often doing the entire melody by herself and then also now writing much of the lyrics to the song has been so interesting. Hearing the beginning of songs where the skeleton of the lyrics are and hearing her mumble strings of words on the fly and recognizing they're fragments of what would end up the final lyrics? Whew. :jonny6:

Certain fanbases are obsessed with her not writing songs on her own but it's so interesting and exciting as a fan seeing audio files where Victoria is mumbling what ends up a verse over the instrumental and then you see the sequential demos of Ariana mumbling what is the chorus and then the chorus turns into full, articulate lyrics, etc. and getting as close to understanding the process as possible outside of being in the room with them.

Edited by Communion

As a fan I would love if she did but from a PR standpoint it's an awful idea; the Ethan scandal is still fresh and people would totally try to tie it to him even though we, as fans, know that it's not about him:toofunny2:

She should not release it. 
She’s lucky she didn’t get cancelled after her affair. Ariana will have no problem creating other hits, even better and bigger ones. Her reputation is more important than a quick nr.1

fantasize is super catch and a tik tok hit and could go nr.1 potentially but it also could backfire and turn into a total hate train. So she’s better off ignoring it. 

I would love a full EP/album with that sound, she could add it as a bonus track

I haven't heard it yet but yes .. yes she should.

100% yes. i do think the song needs a rework/rewrite. the chorus is the strongest part of the song and the verses don’t live up to it, imo. plus a rework would differentiate it from the leak.

so much potential to smash, esp with this momentum. :heart:

Her team is stvpid, like go and shoot that mv, even if it’s low-budget….

I don't think she should. She's been very clear about not wanting it to spread and the entire fandom basically decided to spit in her face and do it anyway cause they felt entitled to it. If she starts dropping stuff because the fans are harrassing her to do it, where does that stop?

No, it wouldn't do that well. It would have a big debut and then be a fad, lots of viral songs don't become smashes (look at Ariana's own motive). It would perform like Say Yes To Heaven at best

She's Ariana Grande not some flop who needs to rely on TikTok virality to get a hit. If she released a brand new, great lead single off AG7 it would become a much bigger hit.

well, if she isn't dropping AG7 anytime soon i don't see a reason why to not release it. It can just be a droplet and depending on how successful.mp3 it is they can tack it on to AG7 as a bonus track

but if she is dropping new music of her own soon-ish (which I doubt) it would be stupid to waste any potential hype on an already leaked song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.