Billboard announces new "TikTok Top 50" chart

wish

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

will wiki acknowledge it tho 

The English Wikipedia acknowledges useless **** like the "Nicaragua Anglo Airplay Chart" from an unofficial chart association so

1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Billboard is always three steps behind. 

It's about time. 

The funny thing is this used to count towards the Hot 100 before 2020. I never really understood why they removed UGC from the Hot 100 formula, but continued to keep sales.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

we officially live at the bottom of the nastiest and hottest part of the pits of hell

Came to say this :fan:

Barbie world could’ve snatch ha tik tok #1 :jonny: we demand justice.

Interesting. I'm curious how stan twitter will utilize this chart in fan wars. With Sexy Redd leading the inaugural chart I'm assuming it'll be fairly irrelevant. 

On 9/14/2023 at 12:30 PM, SoldierofLove said:

What is this? :rip: Why didn’t they just factor the stats into the already existing streaming chart? 

TikTok is not a music streaming service 

They’re just one step away from incorporating TikTok streams into the hot 100 I feel, they’ll probably do it when TikTok obsolete. 

Cee Lo and R. Kelly on the chart. 

Ew

and when Lana's unreleased charts.... :clap3:

On 9/14/2023 at 4:17 PM, pride4jc1222 said:

The funny thing is this used to count towards the Hot 100 before 2020. I never really understood why they removed UGC from the Hot 100 formula, but continued to keep sales.

what's UGC?

SexyyRed being on the chart like 4 times :deadbanana2: ehhh...

I don't spend as much time on TikTok as I did back in 2019 and 2020 but this chart will be interesting. A lot of the songs that blew up on TikTok were underground rap songs that people would then post on TikTok and remix like 20 times.

On 9/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, SoldierofLove said:

What is this? :rip: Why didn’t they just factor the stats into the already existing streaming chart? 

it’s not a streaming platform 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.