will the iphone 15 lineup flop?

Asscatchem

will it flop  

83 members have voted

1. 1. will it flop

• It'll smash
    • It'll underperform

Most likely not considering the phones have been the same for the last half decade and people still buy. I hope phones die out and a new form of technology replaces it soon. feels like all that changes is a better camera every other year. no major innovation. battery's still suck, and all phones do the same thing anyways. ready for touch screen to die and next gen holograms and eye tracing to be the norm 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, awong918 said:

Yes

People are not going to spend a grand on incremental upgrades under this economy. And isn't the CCP soft-banning iPhones?

They did last year and will do so again this year.  Apple has built a unique following and they have a healthy pipeline of people looking to upgrade from several year-old phones every year, and then of course people who upgrade often.  China is a wild-card, but the govt relies on Apple's business to help boost the economy, and further restricting the iPhone would likely accelerate Apple to move most of its manufacturing to other countries, which the govt does not want.

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

And people are usually holding onto their phones for longer because Apple actually has 5+ years of software updates. :rip: 

No one expects people to upgrade from a 14. :deadbanana: 

Right seems like it’s tailored towards people with older phones 

I have the 14 pro max and my sister wants a new iPhone (she has the xr), so maybe I buy the 15 pro max next year and give my old one to her.

I think USB C will be a big selling point for them, finally unifying the entire ecosystem of products. Regardless of the fact that they only added the port because of EU laws

no, but i wont upgrade this year, i'll keep my 12 pro max until 17 series  i guess... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Most likely not considering the phones have been the same for the last half decade and people still buy. I hope phones die out and a new form of technology replaces it soon. feels like all that changes is a better camera every other year. no major innovation. battery's still suck, and all phones do the same thing anyways. ready for touch screen to die and next gen holograms and eye tracing to be the norm 

i’ve upgraded from an iphone 11 to an iphone 14 pro last year when it came out and it’s definitely not the same lol it’s a completely different experience. but i agree that nothing much can be done about smartphones anymore. i dont see them disappear but we should stop waiting for amazing new features when everything has been done already

i can see the future iphones being built with apple vision in mind tho and maybe have a stronger AI

N so they’re on 15 now? I’m still enjoying my 12 Pro Max.

For people like me who stuck with the iPhone 11 Pros for years this is a sizeable upgrade, y'all with half a brain cell need to understand that these brand new phone's target market are the iPhone users 3-5 generations behind like-? Not everyone is an iJustine please!

What changes are people genuinely hoping for at this point? I see the same thing said every year, but I literally don’t know what people want them to add at this point.

the only thing they can really do is make better what there already is and I think that’s good enough for most people. No one’s forcing you to upgrade every year. Just wait every few years like you’re meant to and you should notice changes

9 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

For people like me who stuck with the iPhone 11 Pros for years this is a sizeable upgrade, y'all with half a brain cell need to understand that these brand new phone's target market are the iPhone users 3-5 generations behind like-? Not everyone is an iJustine please!

Also the amount of Android users I've seen considering switching all because of USB-C alone. :rip: 

The iPhone girlies are never switching to the other side, and Apple really has such a headroom for adoption from the Android side.

15 minutes ago, greento said:

What changes are people genuinely hoping for at this point? I see the same thing said every year, but I literally don’t know what people want them to add at this point.

the only thing they can really do is make better what there already is and I think that’s good enough for most people. No one’s forcing you to upgrade every year. Just wait every few years like you’re meant to and you should notice changes

Theyre invading gaming now too. the 15 Pro models are exclusive contracting with Capcom for the Resident Evil franchise. Ray tracing is insane and a lot of the Resident Evil fans on Reddit are considering the jump from Android esp now that USB C is on the table.

I think it will underperform.

I don't see how minimal updates in a cost of living crisis is going to help them sell any more than usual.

3 hours ago, iiswhoiis_max said:

People are doing monthly payments for a phone for over 3 years? wtf  o.o

Yeah I would never understand doing something like that for a phone, or you have the money or not.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.