I was at the VMAS last night. Ask me anything!

Weld_E

What an amazing night it was. I knew most of the lineup but seeing everyone perform and give it their all still left me in awe! Taylor showing up was also a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

What's your favorite color?

Light blue

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

How tipsy Taylor was? she's living her best life and is so refreshing to see!

I think she was more than tipsy by the end of the night. She was enjoying herself and (awkwardly) dancing throughout the night.

3 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

Was Taylor shady af toward Olivia anyone?

When they announced Olivia as one of the nominees, I was watching her and she raised her hands applauding Olivia. She also seemed nice and friendly to most people and was bopping to most performances.

• Like 3

Were people in the crowd bored with how long it was? Who did they cheer for the most?

9 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

What an amazing night it was. I knew most of the lineup but seeing everyone perform and give it their all still left me in awe! Taylor showing up was also a pleasant surprise.

Did you meet Nicki Minaj

2 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

I think she was more than tipsy by the end of the night. She was enjoying herself and (awkwardly) dancing throughout the night.

What about Saweetie? You saw her? :heart:

12 minutes ago, Giancor said:

Which performance did you like the most 

Olivias was fun and she sounded good live. I don’t get the people who say she can’t sing live. She really gagged the audience when her set started “falling apart”.

Demi sounded and looked good live.

Shakiras was really good but it was obvious she was lip-syncing. She utilized all three stages though and her dancing looked effortless.

Cardi and Meghan were entertaining and you could see the effort they put in their set and performance.

Dojas was pretty good too but her mic was low for some reason. I couldn’t hear her well.

I must say though that Nicki was the most charismatic, especially her set in the RnB performance. Her energy was fire and the audience were living for her.

Edited by Weld_E
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did you by chance pocket the $12000 diamond that Taylor lost?

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Were people in the crowd bored with how long it was? Who did they cheer for the most?

No the crowd kept up their energy. They cheered most for Shakira, Taylor and Nicki. They were also singing loudest to Vampire.

• Like 1

What was the atmosphere like during commercial breaks? Was there someone announcing something like “we’re going back to broadcast, go to your seats” or something? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Queen. said:

Did you meet Nicki Minaj

I wish lol.

2 minutes ago, shyboi said:

What about Saweetie? You saw her? :heart:

No.

Was Taylor really singing Shakira's songs or was that fake?

8 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

What was the atmosphere like during commercial breaks? Was there someone announcing something like “we’re going back to broadcast, go to your seats” or something? 

Time moved pretty fast during commercial breaks. You could see production rushing to change the sets and stage designs. There was a lot of random cheering during those times for celebrities who were moving/ walking around. They always gave a 2 minute mark, 1 minute mark, and 30 second mark. I was seated so I could go and come as I pleased (regardless of commercials). I am not sure if people on the floor section had the same opportunity.

Those on the floor would be given special instructions for some of the performances that involved/ were among the audience (Lil Wayne using the stage near them that elevated, Shakira people diving etc.). When Shakira was done and they cut to commercial, she had to go backstage and walk through the crowd and security were yelling at everyone to back up.

Edited by Weld_E
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Is the way OP wrote the "No." Like saying "No, and what about it". I'm not a sensitive person tho but ain't cute the passive agressive disrespect to saweetie either. Just saying. 

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

My question is... what was your favorite part of the show from an audience point of view?

Edited by Xtina23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

2 minutes ago, Xtina23 said:

My question is, the venue has a capacity of 19,500, but 19,499 of those attendees did not make a thread to talk about their experience, and you were the only one who did. Why?

For f-words like me who have watched the VMAs from overseas their whole life and seen it as a really fun, exciting pop culture staple, it's pretty cool someone is letting us know they attended and to read through their experience. 

• Like 3

can you tell us something that no one would know/didn’t see? I feel like these questions are getting generic answers :redface:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Weld_E said:

When they announced Olivia as one of the nominees, I was watching her and she raised her hands applauding Olivia.

Wow, clearly she hates Olivia.  

Something I’ve always wondered is what the commercial breaks are like.  Do they turn the lights on?  Do you just sit tight for 5 minutes?  Do they have a stand up comedian perform for a little bit? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.