The 2nd biggest female artist of 2020s?

Cloröx

The 2nd biggest female artist of 2020s?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. The 2nd biggest female artist of 2020s?

It's pretty obvious that Taylor is the top female artist of this decade so far however, who's the 2nd biggest? :giraffe:

• Thumbs Down 1

I think #2/#3 is a toss up between Dua/Olivia. Depends on if DL3 and rerelease outperforms guts. 

I’d probably put Dua right now because cold heart and her barbie song are still bigger than Guts for now, and Olivia hasn’t toured yet. But it’ll probably switch by end of the year. 

Sza and Doja are close behind but sza was MIA from 2020- late 2022 and Doja is slightly smaller than Dua. 

Edited by Kodak Energy

SZA will be serving longevity with SOS. Even Ctrl, 6 years later is selling more than your faves. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Celebrity wise Ariana. Musically I guess Olivia at the moment. 

Commercially? Dua.

Most groundbreaking? BLACKPINK.

Most innovative? Doja.

It's a toss up between Dua and BLACKPINK for me. Doja is a sleeper legend mark my words. I gave it to BLACKPINK since they seem to have a grip on the high-end luxury fashion industry which is an indicator of their sheer influence. They have physical sales that outdo Taylor's. And a lot of their videos have 1 billion + views, indicating an extreme reach across the world. 

Olivia or Billie. 

It's Billie Eilish.

Her on the IFPI Top Global Artists chart in…

2020: #5 (only behind Taylor)

2021: #7 (only behind Taylor & Adele)

2022: #16 (only behind Taylor)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly its a toss up between Dua/BLACKPINK/Doja/Olivia.

Billie is close behind the 4 of them but hasn't shown much fanfare outside of longevity in streaming and album numbers. 

Dua's claim to fame is her massive hit singles, she inarguably has the biggest of hits this decade with DSN, Levitating, Cold Heart, DTN, Physical, Fever, etc. 3 of which are Year End IFPI Top 10 hits, she had one for 2020, 2021 and 2022, its insane!

BLACKPINKs claim is in their touring power, they're on their way to serving first decade Beyonce/Taylor/Pink level touring numbers. Sub-100 dates but cracking 300M for their tour is insane demand, not to mention they have insane celebrity status in key markets like Asia and are fashion moguls.

Doja's claim is most so on how many hits she churns out, opposed to Dua who has key megahits every year globally, Doja churns like what? 3-5 hit songs every year in the US and has 2 of them stick globally since 2020? Boss *****, Say So, Like That, Streets, Best Friend, KMM, NTK, YR, Woman, GIIY, Vegas, PTTR, like the PLETHORA of smashes is insane!

Olivia's is a more balanced combination of Billie and Dua's power. She doesn't have a hit as big as maybe DSN or Levitating but DL and G4U are all respectable global IFPI entries. Vampire is shaping up to be a smash globally too. Albums wise only Billie keeps up or is bigger than her so there's that too.

However all in all, I will say this: Olivia is the only one who can release massive hits and have massive album numbers simultaneously, so its her for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Feanor said:

It's Billie Eilish.

Her on the IFPI Top Global Artists chart in…

2020: #5 (only behind Taylor)

2021: #7 (only behind Taylor & Adele)

2022: #16 (only behind Taylor)

Yeah it's Billie Eilish. Dua wasn't even in top 10 Global ifpi artist chart any year. 

Streaming wise I’d say Dua, but I feel

like she’s not at all a household name the way pop stars like Britney, Bey, Gaga etc obviously were in their prime. It’s weird. Billie, Doja and Olivia have more conspicuous images and/or personalities I feel. Overall I’d place my bet on Olivia or Billie taking it by the midway point of the 20s. Blackpink is obviously huge too. 

It's a toss up among these girls: Doja, Dua, Billie & Olivia.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.