better 2nd album? avril or olivia? will it be the same trajectory?

supertiffany

better 2nd album? avril or olivia? will it be the same trajectory?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. better 2nd album?

• avril
    • olivia
  2. 2. will it be the same trajectory?

• no, avril's album is/will be bigger
    • no, olivia's album will be bigger

better 2nd album? avril or olivia?

both are coming for mega smash debut

but their 2nd is different, loud start but not having the singles run (seems for olivia) like their first

do you think will it be the same trajectory?

the set up

Avril by far

SOUR & GUTS are very mid albums ... okay she might have 2 cute tracks on guts  while Avril her entire album is amazing 

Under my skin by Avril is a total shift from the debut and she touches deeper emotion and a range of topics. Its one of her best album.

Guts is a disappointment from Olivia while she used similar topics and didn’t show growth. She may have the better singles run but that’s because of the streaming era. 

however, I do think Olivia will last longer cause she has the star power to keep her teenager fans interested 

Don’t think Olivia will ever make a song as good as Nobody’s Home tbh:jonny6:

I don't think you can compare them that easily... Avril is way above it.

Nothing in Olivia's catalog touches even the worst song on Under My Skin. And it's not even close.

That being said, I could see Olivia having a longer run. Avril's career started going downhill with the 4th album & I could see Olivia outlasting that.

ums is way better

and olivia can easily end up bigger than avril tbh she just need to not disappear from the spotlight for too long and avoid releasing career ending trash like hello kitty

If that means Bad Idea Right? will have the same success My Happy Ending got, sure.

I prefer Olivia's music. Although Avril snapped when she recorded Nobody's Home. Olivia doesn't come close to the quality of that song.

Edited by blown away

Based on Olivia's VMA performance, she's transitioning to a poppier, more sexed-up TBDT-style era for OR3.

She's already stopped cosplaying as Avril like she did on the SOUR Tour.:gaycat3:

SOUR and GUTS are better than any Avril album-- very unpopular opinion, but it could just be me. Avril has some great singles, but I never cared for her LPs. And I've listened to all of them. 

None of those songs hit no. 1 in the Hot 100. Avril actually only has one #1, Girlfriend. 
Olivia already has 3. 

Edited by hawx23

Both pretty equal. Decent follow-ups to their debuts, but with no real smashas.

On 9/14/2023 at 8:51 PM, hawx23 said:

None of those songs hit no. 1 in the Hot 100. Avril actually only has one #1, Girlfriend. 
Olivia already has 3. 

Avril's peak was in the era where it's impossible for pop song to hit #1. (from 2000-2005)

On 9/14/2023 at 8:53 PM, hawx23 said:

Avril has zero Grammies 

they're in different lanes 

Imagine to use the fake account just to post this. :rip: 

2 hours ago, KKCuteCat said:

Avril's peak was in the era where it's impossible for pop song to hit #1. (from 2000-2005)

Imagine to use the fake account just to post this. :rip: 

Who's a fake account. Sorry I haven't been here for three decades like y'all

• 3 weeks later...

Avrils first 3 eras were Taylor Swift level album sales WW. Olivia is a main pop girl but Avril was on a different level from 2002 - 2008. 

Umm, Under My Skin is so much better than GUTS, even SOUR.

Success-wise Olivia has the better singles run, but the album sales depends on how much longevity GUTS will have.

GUTS is great but Under My Skin is Avril's best album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.