Media outlet hiring "a Taylor Swift reporter" to only write about her

Carry My Heart

they should look for potential candidates on swiftrl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So they want the analysis of TS to come from only one perspective? How is that “journalism” at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Down 2

further stimulating the economy by creating jobs just for being taylor swift :clap3:

This is insane, it's giving when Clevver Music used to have a dedicated roundup of everything Lady Gaga did each week but on a way bigger scale

This is wrong, sorry. This person is going to be a stan and it's going to be biased - there's no way it won't be. This sets a bad precedent because who is to say Taylor should have one over other big artists? Will journalists start having opinion pieces dissing each other in feuds? There's just no way this can be considered factual journalism and if this snowballed into other artists it would mark the official end of taking music journalism seriously. I'm a fan of her music but music fans should not support this happening.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

This is wrong, sorry. This person is going to be a stan and it's going to be biased - there's no way it won't be. This sets a bad precedent because who is to say Taylor should have one over other big artists? Will journalists start having opinion pieces dissing each other in feuds? There's just no way this can be considered factual journalism and if this snowballed into other artists it would mark the official end of taking music journalism seriously. I'm a fan of her music but music fans should not support this happening.

It’s kind of just the equivalent of hiring an expert on a subject to pump out as much content as possible, though. It doesn’t mean the other journalists within the organization wouldn’t be able to report on Taylor from other perspectives as well — it just means one person will be responsible for meeting the demand that is generated by Taylor Swift right now in this period of time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

I would love to apply just to write about her vocals 

spacer.png

I guess Rihanna fans do need something to do these days 

spacer.png

• Haha 9

sounds like they just want some money since no one is paying for subscriptions to news sites anymore 

22 minutes ago, Jaded. said:

Girl, Taylor Swift is not the representative of a democratic country lol

"who is to say Taylor should have one over other big artists" 

What do you think this is? A democracy? Lol. Money is to say that she should have one over the others. Clicks. Interest. 

My god :ahh:

Edited by Badgalbriel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.