Singers who are appreciated for their personality rather than their music?

GentleDance

I would say there are more people who enjoy Ariana's music than those who like her for her personality, similarly with Taylor.

• Like 2

unfortunately my fave selena. shouldn't be like this tho cuz despite having a nice personality her songs are BOPS!!! 

--

1 hour ago, RideOrDie said:

i think people said that before she ghosted the person she stole a kidney from, not so much these days i fear

you're out of touch if u think selena is not praised for her personality

and this is not my stan glasses, this is just factual 

go to her #selenagomez hashtag on tiktok (50 billion views) or search selena gomez on twitter

there's tons of viral videos and viral tweets about her daily 

there's bad ones but wayy more positive ones

and this is not my stan glasses cuz i don't even think a personality should be something to be really praised tbh me as a stan wished they praised her songs more, but it's just factual - not an opinion. there's why she's on top of the world with a successful brand and insane social media stats. 

about francia, they rebounded and they're besties again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zayka said:

First person that came to my mind is Dolly Parton. Noone cares for her music, but it seems like everyone loves her.

Honestly the same could be said about Cher. Everyone knows her, loves her humor but when it comes to streaming they don't Share the love :gaycat6:

Xtina stans are out of control in this thread :bibliahh:

OT: Honestly, I would say Selena Gomez or Kesha

• Like 1

I can't really think of a person like that. I did gasp when the OP was about Ariana Grande, I did not know you can be so out of touch with reality :rip: I can think of many singers who are famously considered divas, or difficult, but a singer who is like for her personality... no. Jennifer Lawrence is the only example that comes to mind

17 minutes ago, blueberries said:

rihanna

She's loved for her music and her personality 

rihanna-you-know.gif 

31 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

The OG American Idol, Kellegend Clarksgod.

Love me some kelly clarkson but this is so cringe. :biblio:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

OT: Honestly, I would say Selena Gomez or Kesha

What makes you think so? I‘d say it‘s the other way around for Kesha: people know her hits, but very (too) few people are actually aware of what a smart, sweet and funny person she is (which is further reinforced by the low profile she has kept over the last years).

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

What makes you think so? I‘d say it‘s the other way around for Kesha: people know her hits, but very (too) few people are actually aware of what a smart, sweet and funny person she is (which is further reinforced by the low profile she has kept over the last years).

I was more referring to what happened to her. The long battle against Dr Luke. Many people have heard about it and I think they have sympathy for her while her music releases are basically ignored these days

56 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Love me some kelly clarkson but this is so cringe. :biblio:

Ok, thanks for sharing! :heart:

21 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I was more referring to what happened to her. The long battle against Dr Luke. Many people have heard about it and I think they have sympathy for her while her music releases are basically ignored these days

I wouldn‘t really call an involuntary lawsuit it took 9 years to escape from a part of her personality…it‘s not something character-related that she is positively identifying with (to the contrary).

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I wouldn‘t really call an involuntary lawsuit it took 9 years to escape from a part of her personality…it‘s not something character-related that she is positively identifying with (to the contrary).

That's not what I wrote at all, I said that people feel sympathy for her because of that long fight. They see Kesha as a victim of the music industry and they like her for that reason.

1 minute ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

That's not what I wrote at all

No, but that's what this thread is about.

2 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I said that people feel sympathy for her because of that long fight. They see Kesha as a victim of the music industry and they like her for that reason.

I get that, but like I said, the lawsuit is certainly a big part of her life and career, but it does not define her as a person. It's not Kesha's personality to be a victim of the music industry and it's not something she actively embraces as part of herself.

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

No, but that's what this thread is about.

I get that, but like I said, the lawsuit is certainly a big part of her life and career, but it does not define her as a person. It's not Kesha's personality to be a victim of the music industry and it's not something she actively embraces as part of herself.

Of course but eventhough it's not part of her personnality, this event has had an effect on people's perception of Kesha and it influenced the way they see her

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.