Which Sitcom Aged The Worst?

GraceRandolph

Poll  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aged The Worst?

Which of these sitcoms aged the worst?

Whoever voted for The Office should be imprisoned. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Whoever voted for The Office should be imprisoned. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

the big bang theory and how i met your mother both rely on misogynistic jokes/characters so probably those 

• Like 3

People will say That 70's Show because the cast is a mess, but it holds up today. It's pretty timeless imo. I will not let the cast messy shenanigans ruin it for me.

Others will say Friends because it's very vanilla.

The Office, Parks & Recs, and Big Bang Theory are all up there. 

Seinfeld is a classic though I find it boring personally.

So that leaves HIMYM. :cm:

• Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator

How I Met Your Mother, especially in its earlier seasons, had quite a lot of terrible jokes like even for back then. A lot of the multi-cam sitcoms had questionable to downright offensive jokes but I was genuinely shocked at the trans ‘jokes’ in HIMYM.

I did enjoy the show but compared to the rest listed it’s definitely at the bottom with 70s and TBBT.  

All I know is Parks and Rec aged the BEST. :sorry:

The only other ones in the poll I've watched to any significant degree is The Office (which isn't bad but is like a slightly more boring Parks and Rec for locals) and, regrettably, Big Bang Theory.

I've only seen small bits and pieces of a few of the others and I honestly just didn't find them funny at all. :shutup:

Ultimately, The Golden Girls remains the funniest TV show of all time though. :worship2:

• Like 1

HIMYM's 1st episode was enough for me, NEVER AGAIN :ghostface: Jesus Christ, what was that.

Office and Big Bang will forever be kings :heart:

Yeah the worst are HIMYM and TBBT, followed by That 70s Show, then Friends, then Seinfeld, then the best are Parks & Rec and The Office

I have voted for Friends and The Big Bang Theory.

Both of these shows I've watched every episode of at some point loved, but now if either come on, I can't even sit through it.

Both give me the ick.

Parks n Rec & The Office i've seen all of and would be happy to watch again

Seinfeld i've seen a few seasons of but would be happy to watch more

I've never seen How I Met Your Mother or That 70's Show tho so its possible one of those could have had a harder fall off

Friends aged the worst because it was really beloved, a huge hit, but more and more is kinda trash. And not because it was a product of its time - Seinfeld is a product of its time. The complaints against Friends now were expressed back then but not taken as seriously at the time. 

Big Bang Theory was never good. 70s - that wasn’t my thing, so I can’t tell you how it stands. Same with HIMYM. The others are solid/classics.

You know which sitcom aged the best? 30 Rock. The comedy was layered in that motherfucker! Full House, which I hate, and Family Matters, which I love, also aged well because, despite being truly archaic relics, their moral grandstanding and tug-at-your-heartstrings cheesiness (the audience goes “awwwww”) are timeless.  

Now in the words of YouTuber Black Music Archive, thank you for listening, thank me for speaking ☺️

Edited by Keter
  • Like 2

Parks and Rec’s politics were genuinely terrible, what with its cameos from Newt Gingrich and John McCain and its fetishization of Joe Biden, and I really have very little love for it at this point, but I voted for The Office because I’m an obsessed hater

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Keter said:

The complaints against Friends now were expressed back then but not taken as seriously at the time. 

What are the complaints against Friends? Genuinely asking. I've only seen people it boring, white and vanilla.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

• ATRL Moderator
26 minutes ago, Keter said:

You know which sitcom aged the best? 30 Rock. The comedy was layered in that motherfucker!

The GOAT

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Keter said:

You know which sitcom aged the best? 30 Rock. The comedy was layered in that motherfucker!

I still pull up a random episode whenever I want to watch something but can't commit to anything new. Genius writing on that one. I guess Alec Baldwin involvement aged bad in some sense, but he did deliver a great performance on that show (and did not kill anyone as far as we know). Jane Krakowski is comedy gold to me.

OT: HIMYM, Friends and Big Bang all aged horribly for me. the humor doesn't hold up in any of them. I have a soft spot for HIMYM but I'll happily admit that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guess I’m the only one who really loves HIMYM. Despite that shitty ending, the show is brilliant and has held up (for me personally, I keep coming back to it!)

Friends is a classic. Watched some Seinfeld before and it’s not bad but for some reason I always forget to continue watching it. The Office, Parks and Rec were both great.

Haven’t seen The 70s and Big Bang sucks, maybe I just don’t get it. 

39 minutes ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

What are the complaints against Friends? Genuinely asking. I've only seen people it boring, white and vanilla.

Those were the complaints back in the day too. That their version of NYC was ridiculous and the only Black person I can remember off the top of my head from the show was Aisha Tyler.

Now that I think of it, you could look at Friends as a product of its time, like Seinfeld. But I remember Seinfeld having a more realistic New York. The characters were just White and self-centered. Friends you had ******* livin in loft apartments and **** workin at a coffee shop in fuckin Manhattan. It just wasn’t realistic.

But then again, does it need to be? they say the same about SATC. 

thanks for reading my thinkpiece where I said absolutely nothing :alexz:

How can anyone say Friends :rip:  It's probably the most played still out of any of the shows listed.

• Thumbs Down 1

The Big Bang Theory.

I mean when it first came out it was kinda a thing actually. Now it feels just lame

• ATRL Moderator

TBBT has aged terribly despite it being so recently made. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.