Jlo signs with BMG, new album release is imminent

crazyncool

18 minutes ago, insomniac said:

@MusicIsMyMaster@crazyncool @livelikemusic @Black Jesus@Dabbyy @Onthe6 @BryceG

Official press release posted by BMG today:

INTL: Jennifer Lopez global superstar signs new recording and publishing partnership with BMG

spacer.png

L to R: Thomas Scherer (BMG), Randy Phillips (Jennifer Lopez), Jennifer Lopez, Benny Medina (Jennifer Lopez), Thomas Coesfeld (BMG) (c) Ron Harper

Multi-Platinum singer-songwriter, award-winning actress and global superstar Jennifer Lopez has signed a new global recording and publishing partnership with BMG to release her upcoming ninth studio album, This is Me…Now.

Lopez’s first studio album in nine years, and the sequel to This Is Me…Then (2002), will be released by Nuyorican/BMG. This Is Me…Now is an exciting musical trilogy showcasing the triple-threat’s extraordinary talents.

BMG CEO Thomas Coesfeld said, “Jennifer Lopez is a global superstar artist, entertainer…a   phenomenon. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with her and her team to release her first album in nearly a decade.” 

Thomas Scherer, BMG’s President, Repertoire & Marketing, Los Angeles and New York, said, “We are both excited and proud to partner with Jennifer Lopez on this long-awaited sequel to This is Me… Then. Clearly written with love and through experience, This Is Me..Now is uplifting and inspiring. ‘Jenny From The Block’ is back at a point in her career when her message is bigger than ever.”

Written and recorded at her converted home studio in Los Angeles during 2022 and 2023, This Is Me…Now is produced by Rogét Chahayed (Doja Cat, Travis Scott), Jennifer Lopez, Angel Lopez (Jack Harlow), and Jeff “Gitty” Gitelman (H.E.R). Additional songwriter-producers include Hitboy (Drake), Ink (Beyonce), Tay Keith (Nicki Minaj), Yeti Beats (Doja Cat), Carter Lang (SZA), Kim "Kaydence" Krysiuk (Ariana Grande), with BMG’s Brandon Riester serving as the album’s A&R.

To date, Lopez has sold over 80 million records worldwide, with 15 billion global streams, and more than 18 billion views of her music videos from her previous albums.

In this age of streaming Jennifer Lopez, in 2023, cemented her status as a global film star on streaming platforms. Her latest film, The Mother is Netflix’s most successful movie of 2023 so far, with over 239 million hours watched globally. Her film has also become a Top 7 movie of all time on Netflix. Shotgun Wedding released in January was the Number One movie on Amazon Prime Video.

Lopez is the only female artist to ever have a Number One album and Number One film simultaneously and she has a cumulative worldwide box-office gross of over $3 billion. In 2019, her movie Hustlerswhich she produced and starred in was Lopez’s highest opening weekend of her career, topping $32 million and grossing over $100 million worldwide.

spacer.png

L to R: BMG’s Dan Gill and Thomas Scherer; Jennifer Lopez; BMG’s Thomas Coesfeld, Brandon Riester, and Cyndi Lynott (c) Ron Harper

https://www.bmg.com/de/news/Jennifer-Lopez-global-superstar-signs-new-recording-and-publishing-partnership-with-BMG

I need the album IMMEDIATELY!!

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MusicIsMyMaster

• insomniac

• CosTaSsSs

• BryceG

1 hour ago, CosTaSsSs said:

I’ve heard good things too. But this board is going to struggle to process her intentionally not going for the charts for now on. 

By the time it’s released, her and Ben will be divorced. 

7 minutes ago, Infatuation_Junkie said:

By the time it’s released, her and Ben will be divorced. 

This Is Me... Comedic 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

I’ve heard good things too. But this board is going to struggle to process her intentionally not going for the charts for now on. 

What you heard ?? Tell more !!

1 hour ago, BryceG said:

Do tell more! :gaylocat1::heart:

BMG usually do two full singles and a buzz track before they release an album so we'll see if they follow the same path for this album.

3 hours ago, BryceG said:

I think they should process her to focus for the albums chart instead of the singles one, which is going to be hard for a singles artist like Jenny. They did that successfully with Kylie, Rick Astley, Steps, Rita Ora etc., but Jen is American so I am not sure how successfully their physical albums based strategies are gonna translate stateside,

10 hours ago, Elvenpath said:

BMG usually do two full singles and a buzz track before they release an album so we'll see if they follow the same path for this album.

It was rumored that Can't Get Enough is the first single and was gonna be released in August with September having a promotional single Rebound. So what you say may be their actual plan indeed. 

• Like 1

Thank God it's coming, hopefully they release the lead by the end of the month

About time!!! 

Love? And A.K.A. were solid and I’ll be fine with some cute R&B and dance cuts, even the Marry Me OST had some cute bops so I’m ready.

44 minutes ago, Dark Phoenix said:

About time!!! 

Love? And A.K.A. were solid and I’ll be fine with some cute R&B and dance cuts, even the Marry Me OST had some cute bops so I’m ready.

Expect something among the lines of This Is Me... Then. It was mentioned that this album will be more R&B and Soul, so don't expect something really danceable or uptempo. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

JLO and Kylie collab incoming? :WAP:

Now that would be iconic!

5 hours ago, CosTaSsSs said:

It was rumored that Can't Get Enough is the first single and was gonna be released in August with September having a promotional single Rebound. So what you say may be their actual plan indeed. 

Rebound sounds like a dance bop about sex and finally getting plowed by Ben again. I can’t wait :WAP:

4 hours ago, ReachOut said:

Thank God it's coming, hopefully they release the lead by the end of the month

Insider said it’s coming realllll soon (not J.Lo soon). So I think it might finally come this month! 

4 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

About time!!! 

Justice for Love of my Life, After Love and Nobody’s Watching :gaylocat1::heart:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, insomniac said:

Rebound sounds like a dance bop about sex and finally getting plowed by Ben again. I can’t wait :WAP:

Insider said it’s coming realllll soon (not J.Lo soon). So I think it might finally come this month! 

Justice for Love of my Life, After Love and Nobody’s Watching :gaylocat1::heart:

I swear i need a pre-save link ASAP to make this all real

• Like 1

16 hours ago, izzyinsane said:

JLO and Kylie collab incoming? :WAP:

Anything is possible but this deal is just for this particular album.

4 hours ago, insomniac said:

You have no idea how many times I streamed Nobody’s Watching last year, I’m sure 80% of the total streams are mine.

Wearing one of my JLo shirts to manifest an announcement today regarding the lead single or album 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

I swear i need a pre-save link ASAP to make this all real

16 hours ago, HAIZSLAIZ said:

Wearing one of my JLo shirts to manifest an announcement today regarding the lead single or album 

SOON!! :gaylocat1::WAP:

17 hours ago, Dark Phoenix said:

You have no idea how many times I streamed Nobody’s Watching last year, I’m sure 80% of the total streams are mine.

How is that possible when at least 50% of the streams were mine. :-*:gaylocat1: Haha no but for real that song is stuck in my head all the time!

• Like 1

I haven’t really liked anything she’s done since a handful of the tracks from LOVE? 

Not trying to be shady but I hope this is decent

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.