• folklore
  2. 2. Better lead

• vampire
    • cardigan
  3. 3. Better producer

• Dan *****
    • Aaron Dessner

4 minutes ago, on the line said:

Lol why are we comparing Olivia's Chucky Cheese appetizer to Taylor's 5 star Michelin album?!

Yet, GUTS has a 93 on Metacritic and evermore has an 85... An 85 is not a bad score, and while evermore has more reviews, starting at 93 with 11 reviews is not common in the pop world. I don't even think Midnights stabilized at 93 with 11 reviews (I could be wrong). 

What makes GUTS a Chucky Cheese appetizer? Is it because Olivia Rodrigo makes music geared more towards tweens/teens? If that's the case, does that mean music is only enjoyable if it's geared towards adults? 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zasderfght

• Raspberries

• Bey'Knight

• Starchild

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of coping over mediacritic with this album.  It’s a very good album and I just feel sorry for the people that don’t get to enjoy it.  

Folklore is bogged down by too many same-sounding meandering ballads in the back half. The first half still has some amazing songs, though. 

Folklore obviously wtf

3 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Yet, GUTS has a 93 on Metacritic and evermore has an 85... An 85 is not a bad score, and while evermore has more reviews, starting at 93 with 11 reviews is not common in the pop world. I don't even think Midnights stabilized at 93 with 11 reviews (I could be wrong). 

What makes GUTS a Chucky Cheese appetizer? Is it because Olivia Rodrigo makes music geared more towards tweens/teens? If that's the case, does that mean music is only enjoyable if it's geared towards adults? 

For me, as an adult, yes and yes.

Metacritic scores are just a compilation of individuals' opinions that are often biased to their perceived and lived experiences(do they like the artist, how did the previous album do, etc) as well as the current context (hype, anticipation, success of previous albums, payola, marketing, echo chambers) to any given artist/album. Thus these scores are frozen in a time based on the aforementioned and not really something I concern myself with, even if it's related to artists I enjoy. I've never participated in those threads.

19 minutes ago, on the line said:

For me, as an adult, yes and yes.

Metacritic scores are just a compilation of individuals' opinions that are often biased to their perceived and lived experiences(do they like the artist, how did the previous album do, etc) as well as the current context (hype, anticipation, success of previous albums, payola, marketing, echo chambers) to any given artist/album. Thus these scores are frozen in a time based on the aforementioned and not really something I concern myself with, even if it's related to artists I enjoy. I've never participated in those threads.

I am aware how Metacritic works. I know people can have their own unique opinions, and just because someone disagrees with a bunch of music critics doesn't invalidate or make their opinion(s) wrong. However, I do think it's interesting you seem to be in the minority of people who outright think GUTS is a terrible album. To compare GUTS to Chucky Cheese food, you're saying this album is even worse than... say Charlie Puth's first LP. 

1 hour ago, Margaux said:

atleast that album was listenable compared to whatever taylor concocted from her stolen vaults 

An AOTY winning career-defining album being unlistenable :dies: 

5 hours ago, zasderfght said:

I am aware how Metacritic works. I know people can have their own unique opinions, and just because someone disagrees with a bunch of music critics doesn't invalidate or make their opinion(s) wrong. However, I do think it's interesting you seem to be in the minority of people who outright think GUTS is a terrible album. To compare GUTS to Chucky Cheese food, you're saying this album is even worse than... say Charlie Puth's first LP. 

Even Charlie Puth thinks Nine Track Mind is terrible

6 hours ago, Raspberries said:

An AOTY winning career-defining album being unlistenable :dies: 

Really shows how little Grammys and paid PR means 

Folklore all the way, it's the best album of the decade after all :cm: 

I would have to say folklore by a smidgeon (as much as I have played GUTS on repeat since release).
But can we not pretend folklore is Kid A or something. At the end of the day it's still literally about high school relationships. (I wish those characters didn't have to be in high school...like why...)

16 hours ago, Bey'Knight said:

This is hardly fair. Taylor couldn’t have whipped up a Folklore in her teens … and guess what? She didn’t 

No, she gave us her full self written album/first million seller Speak Now instead :gaycat:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.