Sabrina's “skinny dipping” turns 2

Julia Fox

The weird lead single from the beloved album “emails i can’t send” turns 2 today.

”skinny dipping” was received with mixed response because of her talking and weird story telling and confessional lyrics and didn’t charted anywhere but it became a meme staple and with time it became a beloved song that even made AjayII cry on her album reaction.

Edited by Julia Fox
  • Like 1

I do love this song - it is a classic

• ATRL Moderator

An underrated bop that I think has aged very well. "It'd be so nice, right? If we could take it all off and just exist, and skinny dip in water under the bridge" is still one of my favorite lyrics from her :jamming:

I don't think it was the best song to release at that time, but I'm happy it got a home on Emails. It deserve praise :jamming:

Glad to see this song getting the love it deserves :heart: after that tumultuous times of being a Sabrina stan I’m glad she’s winning after all 

This song is so underrated. I just LOVE the chorus and the messy verses. Sabrina did THAT :clap3:

This one took me a while when it clicked, it CLICKED. One of he best

Personally did this song dirty on release, I’ve come to realize it’s actually stunning :clap3:

I hated this song when it first came out but it works in the context of the album. Ironically, the much better received Fast Times was the single that didn't represent the album at all

Under appreciated GEM :clap3:

Also the acoustic version is one of the better acoustics I’ve heard 

Edited by Sadie Saxton

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.