Roblox reveals dating feature on the app for users 17+, receives backlash

Kayseri Mantisi

Wtf :biblio: Thoughts? :celestial5: :biblio:

Edited by Kayseri Mantisi
  • Confused 1

VERY very bad idea there are tons of pedophiles on Roblox

• Thanks 1

Wth :mazen: I used to play Roblox as a kid and the developers were staunchly against online dating of any sort. It's gross for them to suddenly do this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jotham said:

Wth :mazen: I used to play Roblox as a kid and the developers were staunchly against online dating of any sort. It's gross for them to suddenly do this.

Same :mazen: it was a ban-able offense back then (as it should be) so the fact that they're leaning into it (especially given the age demographics of the game) is disturbing. They should've just bought Tinder stock or something if they wanted to make money in that space. This is a horrible idea. 

• Like 2

You literally have to verify your identity to prove your age, so I don't see the issue??

6 minutes ago, Leppie said:

You literally have to verify your identity to prove your age, so I don't see the issue??

Yeah I had to send pics of my ID and take selfies just to get voice chat :rip: 

omg lemme go play some bloxburg tho it’s so funny I love roblox so much

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Leppie said:

You don't see the issue letting literal minors into a DATING app!? Yea I wonder what could POSSIBLY go wrong

What's the backlash for? lmao don't act like ya'll didn't have virtual boyfriends on IMVU, Habbo Hotel, Club Penguin when ya'll were growing up :dies:

6 minutes ago, getBusy said:

You don't see the issue letting literal minors into a DATING app!? Yea I wonder what could POSSIBLY go wrong

??

I just said you have to prove your identity to verify your age.

I tried to move my account to 17+ but gave up when I realised I had to provide my drivers licence and do all this **** :rip:  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.