Yes. 

Gaga’s music had quite an evolution: 

Good/creative music TF(M)

Mediocre: BTW

Bad: Artpop

Atrocious: Joanne 

Amazing. A career renaissance: ASIB album 

Back to bad: Chromatica 

Joanne has a decent melody and great vocals. Even if it is not your "type" (neither mine). You can tell she is a good singer and all.

Artpop is straight up atrocious with some songs like Aura, Venis and Sex Dreams. 

As in - you don't wake up from your couch to turn off the radio when Joanne is playing in comparison with those songs.

This song always makes me think that she got the lyrics but she couldn't fit them to a proper melody (I'm talking about the chorus). So it feels like an amature trying to put music on their cheesy lyrics they wrote in 5 mins and just because she had a specific idea about the content of the song, she chose to force those lyrics to a whatever melody instead of changing them (a bit) so they could fit to a pleasant melody. That makes the chorus atrocious and by default the song mediocre. 

The only problem really is the production. The song itself is actually good. Melody on point, the lyrics well written (an unpopular opinion but this is the best way to write a song shoehorning a message). 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.