Sia - 'Reasonable Woman'

SalvoPK

The only listenable song is I Forgive You. Can't believe she fell off so hard. I wonder if she even has anything like Colour the Small One left in her?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sometimes James

• BlackJesus

• Dragonfly

• JoeAg

Nowhere near as good as her greatest records but

at least there's more to enjoy here, than on Music

Dance Alone, I Had A Heart, I Forgive You, One Night,
Fame Won't Love You, Go On, Rock and Balloon 
>>>

Came here to say that Champion is and will forever be the worst song she has released. What the hell? 

Hopefully album grows. I'm a huge sia fan but there's a lot I won't go back to. I like little wing though. 

Giving it a listen now..

This album would be great if it was 2015 and they weren't just the same melodies she's released over and over again the last 10 years. It just sounds really tired and like a collection of demos she's had for ages. 

I will say that Immortal Queen is a bit of a banger and Little Wing is okay too. The rest of it just sounds tired to me, it's a shame really. 

• Like 2

She desperately needs to go back to her roots. Sia, I believe in you.

WTH is that album cover, that alone makes me think of this album as cheap .. why is it a random iPhone photo? :deadbanana:

Y'all are tough on her. The singles weren't good, we agree, but the album is pure Sia. She's doing what she's always done. It's sometimes too-much and messy, but since "This Is Acting" it's her trademark. There's good and not good on the album, but overall, it holds up. 

Here is my review (in French) 

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2024/05/critique-sia-en-mode-patchwork-sur.html

• Like 1

Oh she really went for Eriks neck on I Had a Heart.

The album is not up to her great works (Colour The Small One, Some People Have Real Problems, 1000 Forms of Fear) but certainly is on the same level as This Is Acting and We Are Born. Production-wise is much better than the Music soundtrack. Also is one of her most personal lyrics since 1000FOF or perhaps Some People Have Real Problems, especially on "I Had a Heart" in wich she directionally roasts her ex-husband Erik, and again talks about the divorce on the re-imagined version of "I Forgive You". She also is very passionate on her current relationship on the track "Rock and Balloon" and "Nowhere To Be". Overall I liked the album, it's her embracing her formula style and powerhouse themes in full force, besides not being something different from the past works, really resonates with her acctual self nowadays.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jukebox said:

This album would be great if it was 2015 and they weren't just the same melodies she's released over and over again the last 10 years. It just sounds really tired and like a collection of demos she's had for ages. 

I will say that Immortal Queen is a bit of a banger and Little Wing is okay too. The rest of it just sounds tired to me, it's a shame really. 

Was about to give it a try, but oh well... :rip:

Posted (edited)

I liked it. I'm not crazy about it, but it's solid. It reminded me how Sia is a good songwriter. I also love her voice cracks. She has a very signature style since 2014 or whatever, and it's more or less the same on this album, so it was a comfortable listen.

I did enjoy the challenge some of the melodies in here had (Towards the Sun, Incredible). They were kinda offputting at first, I didn't really get them, but then finding the rhythm helped crack the nut of cocaine those songs have become for me now.

Feels like an album I'll happily cycle through for a couple weeks, and revisit after some time rediscovering the bops.

EDIT: she needs art direction badly. both of the cover ideas on here were so lame, it actually sorta damages the integrity/presentation of some of these singles.

Edited by fulgadrum
  • Like 1

I thought it was going to be a terrible and I'm pretty surprised? I mean, her downgrade through the years has been evident, but this is her best effort since who knows when. Just some duds there (I Had a Heart, Incredible…) but the project is solid.

Little Wig is classical perfect Sia 

• Like 1

I was pleasantly surprised with this! Not a masterpiece, but still solid pop music and she sounds incredible.mp3 as always

I had zero expectations, but this is actually a very solid pop album :eek: Sure, it's a little bloated and some of the songs are kinda repetitive or undercooked, but there's a good deal of genuinely great moments. Her knack for catchy hooks is unmatched, and even if the lyrics are somewhat uninspired she's able to sell them with her vocal delivery.

Little Wing, Immortal Queen, Dance Alone, Towards the Sun, One Night, and Rock and Balloon are all top tier pop music :clap3:

• Like 2

I forgot this came out… :rip: 

Lemme go listen.  Sia was my girl before she even went commercial, please don't let me down…

:coffee2:

She ate a bit on Little Wing and One Night :clap3: aside from those, and the singles, I'm really confused about the thematic direction of the album. There's like no message, both album covers made no sense, and the title has zero context with the songs :biblionny:

Wtf was that :rip:

She really is the artist that had the biggest artistic regression of all times :toofunny3:

Can't believe it's the same woman that released soon we'll be found 

I like Immortal Queens!

• ATRL Moderator

The album is very bad, Sia sounds so uninspired like if someone is forcing her to record these songs.

Most of the songs sound like rehashes from her previous albums. The only one I liked is "Little Wing" which sounds like "Bird Set Free"

• Like 1

Didn't like the album. 

meh, yeah definitely expected more after a 8 year wait… this is Sia on autopilot and feels very uninspired. and these insipid lyrics on immortal queen and champion for example :rip: was she trying to write music for reality show montages or something?

Posted (edited)

i didn't even know she released. was there no promo??

Edited by hanni

I used to like her music, but this album is very weak unfortunately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.