Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

shyboi

Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Xtina was known for being a *****, I guess karma exists 

And Gaga wasn't? Guess ARTPOP was Gaga's karma and Xtina's was Bionic

The similarities continue. Gaga studying Xtina's career to a T. :clap3:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• La Reina

• Power love

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, La Reina said:

And Gaga wasn't? Guess ARTPOP was Gaga's karma and Xtina's was Bionic

The similarities continue. Gaga studying Xtina's career to a T. :clap3:

No she wasn’t, she never had the entire industry talking about how rude she is :rip: 

1 minute ago, Bimbo said:

No she wasn’t, she never had the entire industry talking about how rude she is :rip: 

There are artists and people that have worked in the music industry who have called Gaga rude or fake so don't pretend like no one's ever said anything about her too.

And most artists who have called Xtina rude are even worse themselves. Just desserts, I guess.

Just now, La Reina said:

There are artists and people that have worked in the music industry who have called Gaga rude or fake so don't pretend like no one's ever said anything about her too.

And most artists who have called Xtina rude are even worse themselves. Just desserts, I guess.

The thread is literally about how Xtina’s career is in the gutter compared to Gaga’s :skull: 

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

The thread is literally about how Xtina’s career is in the gutter compared to Gaga’s :skull: 

No it's not about that.

Xtina's career is doing great but I thought it could be on Gaga's level or even beyond considering the similarities of both. Like you know, winning Oscars, having a stadium tour, being the main actress in blockbuster movies. But, overall Xtina's career still very impressive imo.

Edited by shyboi

Just now, Bimbo said:

Xtina's career is not in the "gutter" cause she was rude when the music industry literally has men who have done worse (e.g. battery and assault) thriving.

If Xtina was rude to other rude celebrities 15 years ago, who cares? That was not the direct cause of her downfall.

17 hours ago, Century said:

They also had the same vocal coach.

OT: Xtina is too obsessed with her image. I'll never forget her press comments about doing Vegas sometime after Britney and she said she was above it and still in her prime(then still went anyway a few years later). She mainly books one-off shows, mainly relies on fts to keep her name on charts, and every big solo release she has made for more than a decade has had some kind of plausible deniability excuse for why it wasn't big built in(It's in spanish, it's a gift for the fans, it's experimental, etc). It's obvious that she doesn't care about her b-list status and just dodges situations where her decline would be made evident. There's no way to really make a comeback without acknowledging that you've been MIA for a decade and Christina has no interest in doing that.

Gaga on the other hand has always been extremely fame hungry and the second it looks like something isn't going to work out for her she'll immediately change course(bringing on a whole new team in the middle of the ARTPOP cycle and pushing out Cheek to Cheek before she was even done with the ARTPOP tour, changing gears into being the pandemic lady when Stupid Love tanked after its initial weeks, the pivot to acting, etc).

Christina never said this. Irving Azoff, her ex-manager, said this. He was known for saying a lot of dumb things and that's probably why he's not Xtina's manager anymore.

Justin Timberlake is the one who directly dissed Vegas residencies:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/justin-timberlake-says-vegas-residencies-feel-like-youre-planning-retirement-2225112

Agreed with the rest of your post except Xtina will always be A-list despite her floppage.

Edited by La Reina

2 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Christina never said this. Ron Fair, her ex-manager, said this. He was known for saying a lot of dumb things and that's probably why he's not Xtina's manager anymore.

Justin Timberlake is the one who directly dissed Vegas residencies:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/justin-timberlake-says-vegas-residencies-feel-like-youre-planning-retirement-2225112

Agreed with the rest of your post except Xtina will always be A-list despite her floppage.

But aparently he made those comments in behalf of Xtina. Still very shady and unnecessary imo. He should've known that she was going to end in Vegas as well.

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

But aparently he made those comments in behalf of Xtina. Still very shady and unnecessary imo. He should've known that she was going to end in Vegas as well.

It was unnecessary yes. I'll never forget this gem:

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surej

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

!!!

Gaga is showered with industry support. She’s friends with some HUGE NAMES with lots of influence- Tim Cook being one. That’s how you get far in the business. She was allowed to perform at the Oscar’s in 2015 probably as a by-product of this.

Xtina doesn’t have a good reputation. People always say they prefer Britney who has less talent  (and now we see wasn’t even that nice herself :rip:) The 90s diva attitude she had in the mid 2000s did nothing for her. Her own ego surely a huge part of where she is now.  Gaga is humble, and gets lost in every project or venture she takes due to her versatility.

8 hours ago, Keter said:

I truly think Christina blew it behind the scenes and that’s why things stopped working out for her. 

You might be onto something. The sabotage theory has been gaining traction the last few years.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

The 90s diva attitude she had in the mid 2000s did nothing for her.

That was the norm back then. Women shaded each other all the time (Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, Janet, Christina, Avril, Britney, P!nk, etc.). It's just that Xtina and Gaga debuted in different worlds with different expectations.

Also, Madonna is quite known for being rude but she's still the Queen of Pop and best-selling female artist of all-time so I just don't buy this "BC XTINA WAS RUDE!!1!!1!!" excuse. Industry friends you choose to make, now that's a different story.

i’m not being shady but i think xtina is comfortable being a legacy act (reality show gigs, random product endorsements, residencies/festival performances, etc). she’s getting her coin so you can’t really drag her but if you want more than that and want bigger opportunities then you have to play the industry game like every other a list girl.  

Christina could have been bigger but she basically got canceled by the industry for her nasty attitudes and many artists called her out for being mean and hateful. It’s a shame cause she has a beautiful voice but even the music she released was catastrophic after 2003

No, not really. Sure, Christina is an extremely talented artist and has a string of genuinely good albums, but looking at her career, it feels like all of the eras that she actually tried to put in the work, she was already rewarded with success (Self-titled, Stripped and Back to Basics). Outside of that, I can't really think of any other album that deserved more than it got.

Bionic is a good album, and I can understand some may argue that it deserved to be a hit, but it's underperformance could've been a wake up call for her, like ARTPOP was for Gaga, but it just...wasn't. Lotus is a mess, Liberation came and went and her spanish project was dead on arrival. She didn't try to change the course of her career and it honestly feels like she's very comfortable in the position she's in right now. She doesn't care enough.

17 hours ago, Scars said:

No, not really. Sure, Christina is an extremely talented artist and has a string of genuinely good albums, but looking at her career, it feels like all of the eras that she actually tried to put in the work, she was already rewarded with success (Self-titled, Stripped and Back to Basics). Outside of that, I can't really think of any other album that deserved more than it got.

Bionic is a good album, and I can understand some may argue that it deserved to be a hit, but it's underperformance could've been a wake up call for her, like ARTPOP was for Gaga, but it just...wasn't. Lotus is a mess, Liberation came and went and her spanish project was dead on arrival. She didn't try to change the course of her career and it honestly feels like she's very comfortable in the position she's in right now. She doesn't care enough.

Bionic got the treatment it deserved. It is a tragic of an album. The audacity to call that ish decent. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.