Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

shyboi

Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

• Yes
    • No

41 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

That they were separated at birth :oh:  cute!

thank you! I didn't remember the exact words, so cute! :heart:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• La Reina

• Power love

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Xtina never had that "X" factor that people love on the MPGs, thats why they ditched her from nowhere :heart2:

1 minute ago, unclefloprry said:

Xtina never had that "X" factor that people love on the MPGs, thats why they ditched her from nowhere :heart2:

She does when she tries 

Solely by musical output (thus far), Yes.

By personality, No. I respect the hell out of her for going full electro-***** when the world hated her most, but she has ALWAYS been so full of herself and I don't see that ever changing.

Good for her, she's gorgeous, brilliant, and beyond talented, I'm sure she feels liberated away from the forced-fakeness of fame. She really is too good to be our puppet.:gaycatina1:

I voted no cos I always remembered her being mean spirited whenever she's on the camera. So I am glad she cannot be even meaner cos mega fame got to her head.

• Like 1

Well yes but no. Even when we make fun of Gaga for being lazy nowadays, she actually works for what she wants, not that Xtina doesn't 'work', but Gaga whenever she sees a goal, she organizes herself, plans ahead and has a narrative ready to go for that project. It worked for her into gaining respect during the ASIB campaign, it worked for her into launching herself into superstardom in her early years, it worked for her into building a loyal fanbase.

As for Xtina... she just does whatever and leaves. Being a mishandled by her label doesn't help either into putting her into Gaga's level.

Edited by BrokenMachine

JustLikeHoney

No. I don't Christina ever wanted to be mainstream the MPG at a time when mainstream meant bubble gum pop. I think she had to break down some doors so that Gaga so fly as high as she is right now. Gag would have definitely broken those doors down herself but it's nice that she didn't have to. Gaga has also broken down many doors for the out of the box women and LGBTQIA artists after her. 

No one what doing videos or songs like Dirrty, Fighter, Jazz albums like Back 2 Basics back then. 

She is super talented. Watch her SNL episode she hosted she killed it. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

Does Gaga even hustle anymore? All she seems to do is lay low and sell makeup. Maybe it's making her money but it's low key and under the radar. 

JustLikeHoney
1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

Does Gaga even hustle anymore? All she seems to do is lay low and sell makeup. Maybe it's making her money but it's low key and under the radar. 

She could do more but she doesn't seem to want to. For Example JLo release like two movies a year that she also Executive produces and did at least 6 songs for the soundtrack and also is marketing her skincare line and her beverage line everywhere while setting up a tour for 2024 and is about to release an album. She is also an investor and advisor of Virgin Voyages.

Edited by JustLikeHoney
  • Confused 1

Lady Gaga was out there working her ass off, and she did have something to prove—with a statement to make. The better question is whether or not that's what Christina wanted. She'll release an album, do a couple of shows and go back home. She hasn't been out there grinding since Back to Basics.

She's successful in her own right, and that's good enough for me.

Gaga’s flop really humbled her and put her feet back on the ground. Christina even with the flop she thought it didn’t matter for her and she just kept going in the same direction. 

She does deserves more success though. 

Edited by pablozedd
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I would've liked to have seen Xtina act in more movies though.

She is a good actress tbh. I don't know why she didn't keep acting? She did good

Xtina changed once she became a mother. Now she's only a part-time. I agree that she should've done more movies because she's beautiful and a great actress.

42 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Xtina changed once she became a mother. Now she's only a per diem/seasonal

FIXED

Theoretically Xtina deserved to be bigger. She was the voice of her generation. She should be Beyonce legend status now.

But she dropped the ball really hard. Ambition and drive really is the key to success and imo Xtina just didnt have it or want it (which I understand considering her background). 

• Thanks 1

The thing is that Christina had been told since very young that she was a rarity to the industry due to her larger than life vocals. She felt pretty early in her career that she did not need to prove anything and it let to her being a bit lazy. 

Lady Gaga had to work for her place in the he industry because she is not a world renowned vocalist and will never really be, so no one had been telling her how special her voice was. That led to her being eager for it and work for it more. 

I love both of them though, Christina is the superior vocalist and Gaga is the disciplined hard worker that does what she has to do to cement her legacy in the industry. Legends

• Like 2

I truly think Christina blew it behind the scenes and that’s why things stopped working out for her. You can be a temperamental diva but the smarter ones know when and for whom to turn it off. I think, like Nicki Minaj, she accumulated too many people that wanted to see her fail. Even GaGa had to cut the malarkey when everyone got tired of the meat dresses and tea cup hats and eating paper and freezing like a statue, etc. Christina had the success her attitude allowed, honestly. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, shyboi said:

is the same plot 

Please, just because some movies have small similarities in plot don't make them the same movie, they're two totally different movies style wise with ASIB being rated R and a drama while the other is not, not to mention the total different reception and most important success.

10 hours ago, blueberries said:

she isn't good at reinventing herself nor has the work ethic of gaga

She has good balls and a vision, she’d not a label puppet but all her attempts are just rejected. People just don’t hel with Xtina. Gaga clicks. If Xtina came out and did TSOM cover people would’ve just said she was over-singing. Imo Gaga’s voice is more versatile and she sells everything she does.

9 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Gaga’s vegas makes more per night than both Britney and Xtina’s average combined. Gaga is in joker 2 coming out next year. ASIB (2018/19) was literally a critical and commercial powerhouse. Not to be shady on Xtina but where would she be without say something and moves like Jagger? Even if we say shallow and ARUTW are Gaga’s MLJ/SS she’s done more after that lol 

7 hours ago, Marianah Adkins said:

Xtina just didnt have it or want it (which I understand considering her background). 

Her background? Wdym? 

Just now, shyboi said:

Her background? Wdym? 

She’s from a broken family. I would reckon that one of her priorities as she grew older was to have a stable family environment.

Pursuing a massive popstar career is an antithesis to that. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.