Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

shyboi

Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Xtina have Gaga's level of success?

• Yes
    • No

This comment by beautiful fighter @La Reina got me thinking:

"Fun fact: In addition to Tony Bennett, Xtina also worked with RedOne and Mark Ronson way before Lady GaGa did. "

Seriously, thinking about it, Gaga and Xtina's careers are very similar

- Both have basically the same movie with different titles, both movies are acclaimed

- Multiple grammys and recognition from the industry

- Both are known for their iconic vocals

- Both were extremely compared in the past

- Both have 2SLGBTQIA+ anthems

- Xtina worked with Tony, Mark Ronson and RedOne before Gaga apparently 

Should Xtina be in a similar position to Gaga right now? Specially after Burlesque? 

Edited by shyboi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• La Reina

• Power love

• Bimbo

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, shyboi said:

Should Xtina be in a similar position to Gaga right now? Specially after Burlesque? 

Burlesque wasn't as big as A Star is Born and RCA half-heartedly released the OST to support the movie whereas ASIB had a lot more backing and award campaigning.

But the answer is yes. Xtina has to want it though. Gaga really worked for it after ARTPOP.

• Like 3

They also had the same vocal coach.

OT: Xtina is too obsessed with her image. I'll never forget her press comments about doing Vegas sometime after Britney and she said she was above it and still in her prime(then still went anyway a few years later). She mainly books one-off shows, mainly relies on fts to keep her name on charts, and every big solo release she has made for more than a decade has had some kind of plausible deniability excuse for why it wasn't big built in(It's in spanish, it's a gift for the fans, it's experimental, etc). It's obvious that she doesn't care about her b-list status and just dodges situations where her decline would be made evident. There's no way to really make a comeback without acknowledging that you've been MIA for a decade and Christina has no interest in doing that.

Gaga on the other hand has always been extremely fame hungry and the second it looks like something isn't going to work out for her she'll immediately change course(bringing on a whole new team in the middle of the ARTPOP cycle and pushing out Cheek to Cheek before she was even done with the ARTPOP tour, changing gears into being the pandemic lady when Stupid Love tanked after its initial weeks, the pivot to acting, etc).

Edited by Century
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

'Burlesque' and ASIB are not the same movie at all and they don't have the same acclaim as well :skull:

• Haha 2

I think Gaga was a huge Xtina fan but after Perez stirred the pot she claimed Britney to get on Xtina’s nerves. With that being said I think Gaga was a Britney fan to begin with but she was more of a stan when it came to Legend X, so I would say Gaga’s trying to catch up to Xtina’s level even when it comes to acting and the roles she chose. But that’s just my hot take. Don’t quote me. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

What an incredibly ****id thread. Xtina lived the famous life enough to get a proper taste of it. Her first record alone took her to places where many artists couldn't get to. Her impact on pop culture is undeniable. She got her share of her #1's, sold more than 100 million records world-wide and is good with where she's gotten to. She quit playing dirty industry games after Bionic. She prioritized well-being (mentally), beautiful family life and happiness. Not everyone is dying for fame and will do the impossible to reach places or blatantly lie to seek attention. 

Edited by Sharamee6
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

10 minutes ago, Leptine said:

'Burlesque' and ASIB are not the same movie at all and they don't have the same acclaim as well :skull:

is the same plot 

Just now, nostalgic said:

People voting no :skull: just say you hate talent and move along.

They can mean a lot of things. Like NO, she should have even more success, not only Gaga's level.

13 minutes ago, Sharamee6 said:

What an incredibly ****id thread. Xtina lived the famous life enough to get a proper taste of it. Her first record alone took her to places where many artists couldn't get to. Her impact on pop culture is undeniable. She got her share of her #1's, sold more than 100 million records world-wide and is good with where she's gotten to. She quit playing dirty industry games after Bionic. She prioritized well-being (mentally), beautiful family life and happiness. Not everyone is dying for fame and will do the impossible to reach places or blatantly lie to seek attention. 

She's also a huge pop icon, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears level

20 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

I think Gaga was a huge Xtina fan but after Perez stirred the pot she claimed Britney to get on Xtina’s nerves. With that being said I think Gaga was a Britney fan to begin with but she was more of a stan when it came to Legend X, so I would say Gaga’s trying to catch up to Xtina’s level even when it comes to acting and the roles she chose. But that’s just my hot take. Don’t quote me. 

This is not a hot take, it’s a wrong one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frappucino said:

Gaga wrote on her high school yearbook something about Britney.

Feels like this thread was deliberately made to get people to bash Xtina 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Yes. But Christina was lazy throughout most of her career. She really did think she was above it all and took many, many fucken breaks that were soooo annoying as a Stan. She didn’t play the game like Gaga did like radio interviews, red carpets, and a lot of other stuff. She really was a hermit. Now she’s playing catch up.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Century said:

I'll never forget her press comments about doing Vegas sometime after Britney and she said she was above it and still in her prime

Was this press conference in your head? Because THIS NEVER HAPPENED :deadbanana2:. Imagine being so loud & wrong.

I dare you to show us conference! 

54 minutes ago, Century said:

Xtina is too obsessed with her image

Yea the women who wore assless chaps & released Not myself tonight is obsessed with her image. 

I swear are you trying to be funny? It’s not working. It’s more embarrassing.

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Power love said:

Was this press conference in your head? Because THIS NEVER HAPPENED :deadbanana2:. Imagine being so loud & wrong.

they wrote press comments not press conference and it was Xtina's manager the one that made those exact comments not Xtina herself. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

Gaga wrote on her high school yearbook something about Britney.

That they were separated at birth :oh:  cute!

ot: Yea, deffo

but they did have differences in attitudes..

Gaga knew to keep her focus on having success (while somewhat doing what she wants to do ). She wasn't afraid to open up to stuff that the GP likes

Xtina tried to stick too much to her artistic side and have this image that puts her as a genuine artist..which is funny because she in in the music industry - there is Always some sort of sacrifice to be made.

And I am not saying that she should've..but it's obvious that she wanted to be a bit More. But she also gave up too easily (at a critical time) when that wasn't happening. (maybe naive that she can fix it in the future?)

She wasn't being smart about it..I guess she has more understanding or actually..more willingness to do what needs to be done for results RN..But, it's a bit late ://

Edited by Rev8
  • Thanks 1

Gaga's discography is much better than Xtina's. I would've liked to have seen Xtina act in more movies though.

To answer the question. 

Christina was massive in her peak. She’s accomplished everything that a popstar should accomplish in that regard. She was the only girl that gave Britney a run for her money, and on some occasions beat her. 

The only issue with Christina is that she got too cocky too quickly and to be straightforward. She’s one of the laziest Popstars I’ve ever seen… She gave up when things got hard. 

Gaga deserves all her mile stones because she worked her beep off & didn’t disappear. When things got hard she continued pushing! You have to put in the work to last commercially in this industry & unfortunately Christina doesn’t care. 

I actually really praise Gaga work ethic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

they wrote press comments not press conference and it was Xtina's manager the one that made those exact comments not Xtina herself. 

I know this but that’s not what that user said. He made up a complete lie saying he ( :next:Seen Xtina say it during a conference) speak the truth don’t lie. 

What Xtina manger said ( who’s fired btw) doesn’t mean it’s Xtina.

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, Power love said:

Yea the women who wore assless chaps & released Not myself tonight is obsessed with her image. 

I swear are you trying to be funny? It’s not working. It’s more embarrassing.

Imagine being this mad that you need to just make **** up that I didn't say and then call me embarrassing. :rip:

Her manager, on behalf of their client, Christina Aguilera offered those comments in an official press release.

Edited by Century
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.