The Chromatica Ball Tour Stage and Production were spectacular!

shyboi

I've never seen such a good edit before, the fire, the stage, the lightning, in this quality looks super impressive and at the level of other stadium tours

she needs to drop the film asap! 

• Like 5

if she's doing stadiums from now on they need a better stage design. the boxed in stage was not cute from the sides....

• Like 5

I have mixed feelings about the stage. The show itself is amazing and I think the stage looks cool from afar but it was impractical. Other than the box like shape, the stage floor was also too low. I stood in golden circle about 15 rows from the front and I struggled to see her and I'm 5'8. I can't imagine what it would have been like for people standing further back or at the sides. It was unfair and should have been considered more.

she killed this tour for me when she used the footage to promote big pharma instead of putting it on netflix

i hate you lee i hatechu girl

She did well and visuals, the stage however. 

For her budget and artistic passion with past tours it could have been better. 

• Like 2

The stage concept on paper sounds fine but it was just way too small and the boxed look didnt work in stadiums. Anyway she ate

Edited by TSwiftie

I absolutely loved the brutalist/industrial aesthetic of the set. It was giving Blonde Ambition / HIStory / Rhythm Nation tours. 

I only disliked the boxed stage and wish it was bigger tbh. The people on the sides missed some great moments/visuals. Maybe bigger screens would have helped as well. Overall, I think they were testing her power with this tour and it wouldnt have made sense to invest a lot more in a very short one. 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

The show was great but the stage was a shame, let's be honest

You could feel something had gone wrong and it wasn't her original vision. It felt very rushed

Meh, this was the first time in 13 years I was disappointed in her. All her tours are it, but this one was lifeless and uninspired...

The visuals were the only positive thing about it.

6 minutes ago, holyground13 said:

I have mixed feelings about the stage. The show itself is amazing and I think the stage looks cool from afar but it was impractical. Other than the box like shape, the stage floor was also too low. I stood in golden circle about 15 rows from the front and I struggled to see her and I'm 5'8. I can't imagine what it would have been like for people standing further back or at the sides. It was unfair and should have been considered more.

I stood front row and couldn't even see her. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

it's a cool concept but they should have cheated the design of the box and made the sides angled so that even if you couldn't see one side, the other side wasn't blocking the main central box screen.

and (this is a far more inconsequential comment) I can't help but see the runway stage(s) as a big letter "M", which isn't so much a problem but having something look so much like a letter that isn't related to you in any way seems weird to me. I don't think it needed that triangular part (which really makes it look like an "M") considering the design was elsewhere so rectangular and boxed in. I think either an oval shape would have looked better and reflected the Chromatica logo in the background too, or just extend the edge of the stage forward a bit and all the way across from runway to runway if she wanted to be closer to the audience when front and centre.

Edited by swissman

24 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

if she's doing stadiums from now on they need a better stage design. the boxed in stage was not cute from the sides....

she had screens on the sides just like the Eras tour so that's not really a problem.

6 minutes ago, swissman said:

it's a cool concept but they should have cheated the design of the box and made the sides angled so that even if you couldn't see one side, the other side wasn't blocking the main central box screen.

and (this is a far more inconsequential comment) I can't help but see the runway stage(s) as a big letter "M", which isn't so much a problem but having something look so much like a letter that isn't related to you in any way seems weird to me. I don't think it needed that triangular part (which really makes it look like an "M") considering the design was elsewhere so rectangular and boxed in. I think either an oval shape would have looked better and reflected the Chromatica logo in the background too, or just extend the edge of the stage forward a bit and all the way across from runway to runway if she wanted to be closer to the audience when front and centre.

I've never seen the stage until now and the first thing I noticed was the M. Which immediately reminded me of Madonna. So strange 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leppie said:

I've never seen the stage until now and the first thing I noticed was the M. Which immediately reminded me of Madonna. So strange 

ma'am that's the chromatica logo

• Like 1

I had seated front row tickets at the New Jersey show. The show itself was fantastic and Gaga always puts on a good show however the staging and production is anything but spectacular. I actually found it to be disappointing compared to the likes of Beyonce, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd. I did watch youtube videos weeks before my show and thought "maybe it will look more epic in person" but the stage and production was still "meh" up close. 

Just now, Marry The Gods said:

I had seated front row tickets at the New Jersey show. The show itself was fantastic and Gaga always puts on a good show however the staging and production is anything but spectacular. I actually found it to be disappointing compared to the likes of Beyonce, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd. I did watch youtube videos weeks before my show and thought "maybe it will look more epic in person" but the stage and production was still "meh" up close. 

Well, it was always meant to be a short, summer tour. Of course they were not going to be invest like a full World Tour lile Rena or others

27 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Meh, this was the first time in 13 years I was disappointed in her. All her tours are it, but this one was lifeless and uninspired...

The visuals were the only positive thing about it.

I had a great time at my show but pretty much this. I attended both versions of the Monster Ball, roseland, artrave, JWT but this show is my least favorite for me compared to her other tours. Artrave was a bit tacky but the stage was still better and her energy was more animated. I was also disappointed that her hair and makeup was nothing like the Chromatica looks we were expecting. It felt like she was rehashing her Fame Monster look with AHS Countess makeup to appease her "DarkPop" fans. I'm glad it wasn't a tacky mess like Enigma but it would have been nice to see more colorful hair and outfits that aren't tacky

HD-wallpaper-lady-gaga-chromatica-lady-g

EpDBIFgXEAEDwKQ.jpg:large

Lady-Gaga-Haus-Laboratories-Gel-Eyeliner

Lady+Gaga-white+crop+top-off+shoulder+cr

9dc7959096bf6e016b818dcdd23fa975.jpg

EiOYGqWXsAATNIU.jpg:large

EbVTTsuXYAAu-1J.jpg

Edited by Marry The Gods

Attended the show and it was amazing minus the stage/production tbh. She made up for it with her performances and talent but yeah... stage/production could have been miles better.

10 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I had a great time at my show but pretty much this. I attended both versions of the Monster Ball, roseland, artrave, JWT but this show is my least favorite for me compared to her other tours. Artrave was a bit tacky but the stage was still better and her energy was more animated. I was also disappointed that her hair and makeup was nothing like the Chromatica looks we were expecting. It felt like she was rehashing her Fame Monster look with AHS Countess makeup to appease her "DarkPop" fans. I'm glad it wasn't a tacky mess like Enigma but it would have been nice to see more colorful hair and outfits that aren't tacky

HD-wallpaper-lady-gaga-chromatica-lady-g

EpDBIFgXEAEDwKQ.jpg:large

Lady-Gaga-Haus-Laboratories-Gel-Eyeliner

Lady+Gaga-white+crop+top-off+shoulder+cr

9dc7959096bf6e016b818dcdd23fa975.jpg

EiOYGqWXsAATNIU.jpg:large

EbVTTsuXYAAu-1J.jpg

Period! The show had nothing to do with the Chromatica aesthetic. I would've liked if she built that world or at least had the look that Chromatica had. I kinda feel like she wanted it to be over quickly and rushed it. Idk, I wasn't feeling it... 

I personally loved it and could see everything even with all the 2 meter tall with 10cm heels gays in front of me.

The stage looks boring as hell on paper but with a show so full of colour and flames a black/grey neutral simple stage is exactly what you need, everything else just pops more.

The only thing I didn't like was the piano section in the middle. Why is she performing so close to the standing peasants when people in gc paid 3/4 digits to see her :biblio:

7 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

Can't tell if you're trying to get her dragged because this is not good. 

So, some of you people can tell me with a straight face  that the video in the OP is not good? I feel lost then.

• Like 2

The stage actually really affected my experience :deadbanana4: The beginning section lost a lot of its impact because of the stage and her standing still imo. And the show itself was fine and could’ve been a lot better. 

Edited by suneclipse121

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.