Telephone out streaming Single Ladies, why?

jijie101

Telephone  588,071,875 (+349,962)

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) 577,712,757(+273,170)

I was told Telephone was forgotten and not even Beyonce's top 10 most remembered songs, what happened? Did talent win in the end?:giraffe:

I was told Apeshit was more iconic than Telephone though. :giraffe:

• Haha 1

yall seriously need to stop with these random bey vs gaga threads everyday :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beyonce recurrent streams in general aside from Halo are tragic. Even for her recent hits like BMS

Both are massive hits that have incredible streams for someone that’s been smashing since the 90s. 

-Telephone had a cute viral moment on tiktok last year that boosted its recurrent streams.

-It’s a major female collaboration between two massive A list legends, so it stands out in both of their discographies. See CRTFY, bang bang over-performing in recurrent streams compared to their initial runs. 

-Single Ladies is more memorable for its video so people would probably stream it on YouTube or AM instead. 

One of these reasons I guess

• Like 1

both are huge hits of course but single ladies was so overplayed that it’s actually one of bey’s most dated singles

• Haha 1

It’s 2023. Who the hell cares? 

Beyoncé’s back catalog is so NOT in demand. Even despite being on tour :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

even at it's peak single ladies has always been a bad song, thank god Halo prevail and won in the end....

Telephone also dated af now... both song are one of their worst single tbh

Edited by babyforlife
typo

Wait for a thread Renaissance oustremad Chromatica, why?

It’s coming soon! :heart2:

• Like 1

Wait I didn't know people hated Single Ladies :redface: It's such a cool song

Telephone is one of Gaga’s 2 good singles, whereas Single Ladies is the weakest from the I Am album… easy answer.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Kodak Energy said:

Both are massive hits that have incredible streams for someone that’s been smashing since the 90s. 

-Telephone had a cute viral moment on tiktok last year that boosted its recurrent streams.

-It’s a major female collaboration between two massive A list legends, so it stands out in both of their discographies. See CRTFY, bang bang over-performing in recurrent streams compared to their initial runs. 

-Single Ladies is more memorable for its video so people would probably stream it on YouTube or AM instead. 

One of these reasons I guess

+ Beyoncé herself doesn’t seem to be a fan of Single Ladies. She hasn’t performed it on her last three tours. She did it twice at Coachella though. Any boost that her current tour would have, it’s not likely to have an impact on Single Ladies