What's the best food & drink pairing?

mercurialworld

Make a case for the best food & drink pairing below... I'll go first, and there's no question about it:

Β 

Caesar-Salad_7.jpg?w=900Β Grocery_Beverages_BubCat_SodaandPop-QUIVER-190913-1568392585123

Β 

A Caesar Salad and Soda

Β 

For starters, the impractical and daring nature of the pairing makes it the one worth discussing. Neither the salad nor the soda are seen as traditional partners, but together they provide an undeniably complementary balance. The acidity of the soda serves to cut through the heavy, creamy dressing of the salad, while the clean, subtle flavour suits the pre-existing crispness of the vegetables.

Β 

What’s more, the contrasting yet comfortable flavours meld perfectly with the course itself. Eating a cold, crunchy salad with a gulp of cold, carbonated soda is both refreshing and delicious!

Β 

So, that's my case for pairing salads and sodaβ€”am I right? What other food & drink combinations do y'all think are the best?

Β 

οΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅

Β 

π“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ˆ π’½π’Άπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‡π’Έπ“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’Άπ“π“Œπ‘œπ“‡π“π’Ή π‘œπ“‡π’Ύπ‘”π’Ύπ“ƒπ’Άπ“

Β 

Β 

ezgif.com-resize-7.thumb.gif.c42e93704828e207ef13bb4cfed9771f.gif

Β 

Edited by mercurialworld

Indian curry (madras, vindaloo) with a can of Dr Pepper or Coca ColaΒ 

Β 

pizza with a banana or vanilla milkshake

• Like 1

I like water + cheese stick

Β 

I got used to it from my days of being left to starve in high school.Β 

Β 

οΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅β€Ώΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β€ΏοΈ΅β€ΏοΈ΅

Β 

π“‰π’½π’Ύπ“ˆ π’½π’Άπ“ˆ 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒢 PoKiTaurus π‘œπ“‡π’Ύπ‘”π’Ύπ“ƒπ’Άπ“

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jotham said:

fries & chocolate shake :heart:

Β 

27471127175_444fb1333c_b.jpg

fries and McFlurry being up there too.... u are smart

• Thanks 1

any type of chicken salad with a COKE ZERO

• Like 1

Tacos and a cold Coca Cola

Edited by bliaz
  • Like 3

I saw someone say Chipotle. I'd have to agree lol This is what I get:Β 

Β 

Food: Chicken Burrito Bowl (includes...)

+Romaine Lettuce

+Sour Cream

+Chicken

+Cheese (if I'm feeling frisky that day)Β 

+Black Beans

+Brown RiceΒ 

Β 

Drink: A cup for water.Β 

Β 

I'm not a fan of sodas. Zevia, which uses stevia leaf, is more my speed, but still, I prefer water. I prefer less processed drinks like coffees, teas, and water. Oat milk is also pretty good.Β 

Β 

If you're high and weed is legal in your state:

Β 

Drink: 5:1 Tonic Fizz Drink (it has 125mg of CBD and 25mg of THC; you will get BLASTED)

Food: Steak Tacos

+Siete Almond Flour tortilla shells (they are delicious and pack fiber and protein!)Β 

+Skirt Steak (at least Step 4)

+Cilantro

+Frontera Tomatillo Salsa

+Chopped up red onion

+Queso Fresco shreds (I use the 365 brand, but any brand will do)

• Like 1

East Asian foods (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) + cold Beer/Rice Wine (known as different names in each regions, including baijiu, soju & sake) or both combined, (known in Korea as Somaek)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

SIMPLY thin-crust, CRISPY, meat lovers pizza with a delightful Coke Zero UGH *chefs kiss* :cheers:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flower moon said:

i love a spicy hot indian curry (like a vindaloo or bhuna) w/ naan and a mango lassi :WAP:

this was my meal last night but w a chicken 65 insteadΒ  :WAP:

I can't drink carbonate drinks - sodas, so aside of water I basically drink every kind of Iced Tea with everything and I like it, despite several people acting snobbish or shocking about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.